trying this for the first time

Options
Just joined this past Monday and already excited. I have been carrying around an extra 20 for years and I am vowing to turn 60 in September without those 20. Done WW, Southbeach, sometimes successfully, other times not. I like this because of the very easy displays of more than just calories, I like knowing the nutritional values and often surprising myself with the info. Anyway, any other "middle age ladies" who have struggled with that midsection weight? Good luck to me and anyone who has decided enough is enough. Happy New Year all.

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I love it because I can eat any food I like as long as it fits my daily calories. It works for me if I log properly. Sometimes I fall off the wagon but it's easy to hop back on! Good lick with your new healthy lifestyle.
  • queensgirl71
    queensgirl71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, so nice to know there are success stories out there.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Have lost 20 lbs since June 25th using mfp. I'm at 80 lbs overall loss. Good luck and add me for support if you like
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Great goal! I turned 50 last month. I gained over the last few months with a combo of peri-meno, an injury, a physical diagnosis.... but I'm back at it now! Wow do things change with Meno for sure! I can't eat "anything with the same" calories anymore. :( My mid-section has Always been my holding point.