It's Time

Options
RobertHolland567
RobertHolland567 Posts: 15 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,
I'm 48 years old 6'4" tall and weigh 330 lbs. I have been home do to injury at work for over two years, I have had multiple surgeries, and I'm currently about 60% into my recovery. Life seems to be unfair at times as I am sure everyone can agree "it's way too short". The time at home has done nothing but turn me into a food addict. I have gained over 80 pounds and my health is going sideways battling depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, head aches, and arthritis, so as of Jan. 1st I decided to make a change and get healthy, it may be some time yet when or if I can be healed from my injury. But there is no reason not to be healthy, I need to do this mostly for myself but I need to also be around for the love of my life my wife. She is my rock and has been there with me threw all of this, and I'm not the easiest man to live with when I'm in pain. So folks I am trying to visualize what I put into my body as a whole, and this app seems to do that for me. I need to reduce the amount of carbs I'm taking in from all those easy to reach and boxed prepared foods that I have been so dependent on. So far I'm doing great and I'm staying positive through this change. I am going to weigh my self on Friday the 8th of January and every Friday following, my goal is to loose the 80 lbs. I've gained, and to reduce the amount of medication I've been taking, and reduce the damage I've done to my health, for myself and my family, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone and I wish you all the best in all your endeavors. (Is there anyone one else controlling carbs? It's tough I love pasta, bread and rice.)

Replies

• CarlaSEvans
    CarlaSEvans Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    good for you and your decision! Carbs are a daily battle for me, I still eat them but with this app I am able to Keep them in check. Good Luck to you and Stay Positive! :)
  • Salamanda25
    Salamanda25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a Carbo-holic too! I just started (again) on Monday! Dropping the soda is going to be my biggest problem, but I'm 3 days in soda free, so its a step in the right direction! I suffer with anxiety as well, but I think I'd be able to ween off those meds if I were to lose the weight!