Thoughts on V8

Options
I can across V8 new veggie and fruit blends and was curious what gals thoughts on them are? They look promising. I work 2-3 jobs and do not have time to juice and a lot of other brands are way too expensive.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Never tried the veggie fruit blends, but I drink regular V8 on the regular. It's a low calorie filling snack that packs quite a nutritional punch.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet, but I do enjoy the spiced v8 quite regularly.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    I haven't tried them yet, but I do enjoy the spiced v8 quite regularly.

+1

Preferably mixed with vodka, and garnished with olives, celery, and a meat stick.
  • notquittingthistime1984
    Options
    I drink the regular ones frequently. Careful though if you are watching your sodium.
  • bwesterman001
    bwesterman001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally I would shy away from them because they are generally high in carbs.
  • betheme
    betheme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I drink low sodium V8 every morning. and am happy with it. I tried the carrot mango veggie blend and the purple power. they taste pretty good. but I think they're mostly water and don't have the good qualities of 100% vegetable drinks. I'm going to stick with the original. I just didn't like the healthy greens V8. matter of preference I guess. good luck.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    They're not very fuel efficient, but I love driving them!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options

Do you need to watch your carbs?

I like the low sodium V8. I really should drink more since I don't really get any veggies in since I stopped wasting time sitting and eating at the same time. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Those darn pesky vegetables!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I drink V8 almost every morning. I love the taste and I find it quite filling.

But if you don't have time to juice, you don't HAVE to buy juice. Juice is completely optional.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If you like it and it helps you meet your calorie/macro goals, then go for it. Otherwise don't.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I like the low sodium V8. I really should drink more since I don't really get any veggies in since I stopped wasting time sitting and eating at the same time. :)

Some of us do. There's nothing wrong with pointing out that these can be high carb simply as a reminder or if someone new doesn't know.

I make my own vegetable juices since I limit carbs and sodium.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    They taste good. I personally prefer to just eat my fruits and vegetables though for satiety and fiber.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Some of us do. There's nothing wrong with pointing out that these can be high carb simply as a reminder or if someone new doesn't know.

But there are still way too many people out there who are new to this and think carbs are baaaaaaad.

Or how people will say, "don't eat this" when the thing they're eating HAS this. (Not a lot for veggies but the same thing was said about fruit and I was like...uhhhhhhhhhh. Huh?) :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

But there are still way too many people out there who are new to this and think carbs are baaaaaaad.

Or how people will say, "don't eat this" when the thing they're eating HAS this. (Not a lot for veggies but the same thing was said about fruit and I was like...uhhhhhhhhhh. Huh?) :)

True. I understand. There's way too much bad information out there and it's hard to know what is right and what is wrong without a lot of research.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    The spicy formulation makes a pretty solid Bloody Mary base.

Other than that, V8 is like Spam for me. Every couple years I wonder why I don't buy/eat it on the regular. So I buy a tin/can. Then I remember why I don't buy/eat it on the regular. (:

Taste is a funny, fickle, thing to be sure.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I used to give my daughter V8 Splash to drink once in a while. She seemed to enjoy it which tells me there wasn't much vegetable content. Also, if you spill it, whatever it touches will be ruined. It stains like nothing I have ever seen.