5'1" and 33 pounds down..and counting (before and after photo)

Options
Last March, after breaking up with my boyfriend, starting a new job and moving back to my hometown, I decided to get back in shape. Despite breaking my foot in mid August, leaving me unable to do much cardio activity for a few months, I managed to lose 33 pounds by logging everything in MFP and working out regularly. I'm currently working out 3-5 times a week, and sometimes take breaks logging on the weekends, but try to remain consistent. I'm down to 125 now and still want to lose 10 more pounds but I'm really happy with my progress so far.

8932dxygjq7n.jpg

Replies

• eroman2
    eroman2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow u look great!
  • Mmdelgado
    Mmdelgado Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome!
  • HTECHS
    HTECHS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Keep kicking butts and taking names! :smiley:
  • melhasz8
    melhasz8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, keep up the good work!
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Congrats!
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the difference between looking up and down, but you look like a totally different person! Great job, especially with all of the changes (and breaking your foot... yikes!) Good luck getting to your goal!!
  • gaspegirl
    gaspegirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • danalevins
    danalevins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    eroman2 wrote: »
    wow u look great!

• mrwellsbc
    mrwellsbc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done! Looking fit!
  • jaimemeredith
    jaimemeredith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! i honestly feel like it looks like i stretched out the before picture :) i promise i didn't!
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great job staying dedicated with an injury. You look beautiful!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • eternalone88
    eternalone88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What tips and tricks can you give us? I'm 5'1 too and I need to lose a good 30+ pounds
  • jaimemeredith
    jaimemeredith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What tips and tricks can you give us? I'm 5'1 too and I need to lose a good 30+ pounds

this is going to sound cheesy but just keep believing that you can do it. I would often have negative thoughts that I couldn't do it and that I would always be that way, but I tried to push it out. Also remind yourself that it won't happen right away. I had to be very patient with myself, because I knew it would be a gradual process. I celebrated every pound lost as a tiny little victory.

Also, don't beat yourself up if you go over your calorie limit for a day. Just try to get back into it the next day. And if I'm craving something unhealthy, I indulge but try not to go overboard, but then make up for it by working out that day.

Also having a good support system - whether it's this online community, family, or friends -- was very motivating for me.
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great job!!

you inspire me :) ... I'm 5'1 too.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thank you @jaimehutkin !!! I have 59lbs to lose, but I am 5'2ish. :) This is inspiring, encouraging, etc. Thanks for being raw and real! Keep up the great work, you look fantastic!!
  • latashatristen
    latashatristen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am going through break up.. It make you look at you bad habits and gets you out that comfort zone..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!