Are we in the same boat?

Options
cheecheegirl16
cheecheegirl16 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hello, I'm V. I'm looking for support and yes even a good swift kick in the butt if needed. I would like to lose around 100 lbs. I'm 46 years old and have been up and down with my weight all my life. My children are all grown, but here's a little glitch in our ( mine and my husbands) plans, my three little granddaughter's, 9,7 and 5 years old, moved in with us this past spring. While we love them with all out hearts and wouldn't have them anywhere else at this point, man, did it add stress to our lives. We are at the point now where things are settled down and we have a pretty good routine going. But in addition to these sweet little girls to our lives, so were pounds added to my scale. So I would very much appreciate any advise, support, low carb receipes etc. I wish everyone the best on their weight loss journey. :)

Replies

• melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Being a good role model for my daughter is what spurred me on this journey. Congrats for taking the first step.
    My advice? Consistency is key. Log your food everyday. Log acurately. Get savvy about macros. Change one habit at a time. Get a move on. Walking, cycling, skiing, whatever suits your lifestyle. Write down your goals, write down how you will reach them and how you will reward yourself once you achieve them. Small wins will turn into a huge victory. Find a support group or make sure your husband will keep you accountable just as much as you will keep him accountable.
    Good luck! Feel free to add me :)
  • cheecheegirl16
    cheecheegirl16 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thank you very much! Small steps create big rewards. I love that! Oh, I'm new to this part of the app. How do I add you?