Wait, What: Gorilla Gym

Options
http://gorilla-gym.com/

I watched a couple movies last night back to back and before I knew it, it was 4am (Inglorious Basterds & 8mm btw). As I was locking the house up, this paid advertisement came on: Gorilla Gym.

Maybe I was tired... but the idea of kids using this thing made me laugh hysterically for far too long. They push it for kids, but at what point does someone start their own Gorilla Gym training system and wreck every door jam in the house?

Bonus fun: Click the link under Fitness and Ultimate Package, watch the vid for 15 seconds. So many straps...

Enjoy the day!

\m/

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Ha! This actually looks fun. I would never try it though because I'm so clumsy and this would be a faceplant waiting to happen.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I have a pull up bar that is the same, except it was prior to them adding the clamps. Basically, they extended the usability of an in-door pull up bar. They won't wreck the door jams. Mine also cost $15, not $150. I think the inventors/advertisers are brilliant. If only I could bring myself to such scummy low levels of ripping people off as some of these infomercials, then I'd be rich!!

I actually used my pull up bar when I first got it, then it lived in a closet for years, and then I got it back out just in time for me to buy a half rack and now I use that for pull ups. Now it is going in the next garage sale.
  • M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ha! This actually looks fun. I would never try it though because I'm so clumsy and this would be a faceplant waiting to happen.

First thing I thought of when I seen it was, "I wonder what my wife would say when she saw my size 12 boot print on the ceiling?"

Second thing, "I wonder if the local fire dept has experience in cutting an adult out of one of these things?"

I have a pull up bar that is the same, except it was prior to them adding the clamps. Basically, they extended the usability of an in-door pull up bar. They won't wreck the door jams. Mine also cost $15, not $150. I think the inventors/advertisers are brilliant. If only I could bring myself to such scummy low levels of ripping people off as some of these infomercials, then I'd be rich!!

I actually used my pull up bar when I first got it, then it lived in a closet for years, and then I got it back out just in time for me to buy a half rack and now I use that for pull ups. Now it is going in the next garage sale.

The one in my sons closest we picked up at a garage sale! He used it off and on from 12-14ish. Now he uses the tower at school/gym. He has a narrow closet so his pull up bar is used to hang his nice clothes on. I personally have never trusted anything friction based to support my body. At 40+ that's a painful landing!

\m/
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    idk but as a person who does aerial work, I wouldn't feel safe putting my kids in this. dynamic movement and such