Looking for heaving lifting friends, especially of the girl variety.

Options
2»

Replies

• feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was in the same place last April as you are now, and so I hired a trainer. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm useless without guidance. :)
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Another heavy lifter here.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifter, feel free to add me.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lifter here too - BodyPump instructor doing Sheiko right now - also follow macros etc. Once I finish my current program I'll be doing another bulk/cut cycle. Put on 8 pounds of muscle the first time!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy to add lady lifters to my list :)
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. And also the stronglifts for women group is pretty active and has people on a few different programs - SL of course, starting strength, ice cream and PHUL.
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly all heavy lifting/compounds at the moment. Also training my GF and a buddy of mine right now to do the same. Sending you a friend request. :)
  • ZakViv243
    ZakViv243 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request, started lifting mid-2015 and would love some motivation from other females!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Not a girl, but I enjoy pumpkin flavored things and stretchy pants.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion: my wife and I both loved new rules of lifting for women. It's an awesome guide to gradually getting stronger and learning to lift heavy. Also includes some cool advice in terms of diet and lifestyle, but it's not about starving or calorie restriction, but more about learning to put down the 3.5 pound dumbbells and aiming for the 25-45 pounders.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not.. Youtube is a great resource for lifting (form, workout ideas, and motivation). There is a growing female population posting videos as well whether it's traditional "butt blaster" workouts, to Olympic weightlifters, power lifters. (These girls are not "manly" either. Many of them compete at sub 135 lbs, look great, and still got dat butt).
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I think I added everyone here, if I missed you let me know!! Thank you for responding!! I did my first 5x5 today and calculated my IIFYM to make sure I'm eating my way to toned as well. Felt like I barely did anything, but I've been assured that this is how you start... that it's important to get your muscles moving and used to the work one step at a time so I'm excited that it didn't leave me in horrible pain. Looking forward to tomorrow and my B workout!
  • ariaspamela28
    ariaspamela28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you need help with workout routines you can go on bodybuilding.com and type in what you wanna workout. For example, shoulder workout, arm workout, etc. and it should give you a list of different workouts! That's where I would start and never be afraid to lift heavy. :)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    been lifting for a year. don't do 5x5 or curves or what have you as I use a trainer/nutritionist who tailors my program to my needs but basically I lift 4xweek and do 1 cardio session (boxing for me, hate cardio machines and running) and have mostly active weekends.

open diary.

BTW - am bulking atm because of a comp later this year so eating at a surplus not at a deficit.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    This is my goal for this year as well! I'd love some friends!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too...I lift heavy but use bodybuilding.com programs and then modify for the plethora of injuries/issues LOL. I do love lifting, though...had a nice NSV yesterday when a basketball player asked to work in on my plated leg press and he had to take some plates OFF.

But yeah, several good lifting groups here...and bodybuilding.com is a great resource :smile:
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I know someone already suggested it, but check out StrongLifts 5x5 -- there's a group within MFP for it! awesome program :)