I gained 15 pounds helpppp

Options
I went on vacation 3 months ago for a month and gained 7 pounds originally being 127 pounds at 5 feet long and when I came back my bad eating habits followed me and now I weight 142 and I have a double chin. I'm a stay at home mom now and as much as I try I cannot lose anything! I've gone to weddings recently where I had people ask me if I'm pregnant and when I said no they wouldn't believe me. I just don't know how to eat healthy again now that I don't work and have all this time to just eat. Any advice? I tried losing weight as soon as I came back but my appetite has grown significantly

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You say "as much as I try I cannot lose anything." What have you tried?

You don't have to "eat healthy" to lose weight. You just have to eat less than you burn. If too much time is your issue, fill the time with other things. If your appetite has grown and you're genuinely hungry, try tweaking your diet to include foods that are more filling (many people find protein to do this, I like high fiber foods and things like brothy soups).
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Gotta cut the calories - period.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier food doesnt take any longer than eating unhealthy food :)
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Learn to be hungry. Your appetite will adjust.
  • SalamJ90
    SalamJ90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I it's hard for me. I always end up snacking on unhealthy stuff at the end and sabotage myself. I really need to watch what I eat I'm afraid I'll be a 100 pounds heavier if I don't get it under control mow
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    SalamJ90 wrote: »
    I don't know why I it's hard for me. I always end up snacking on unhealthy stuff at the end and sabotage myself. I really need to watch what I eat I'm afraid I'll be a 100 pounds heavier if I don't get it under control mow

I have been there... probably unfortunately will be there again. But, right now-today- I am in a good place. Take a good healthy trip to the grocery store thinking about the meals you vision as "healthy" (I don't always do this, but make a list if that helps). After the grocery store- log for tomorrow what you are going to eat.

Other tips- find a new recipe that looks good! Can you start and/or end the day with a 1 mile walk? I often run in place while the microwave is heating up my foods (geek!!). Pick a number between 1 and 5 and when you hit that weight loss- get a mani (or a cool new nail polish color with a fun name)... 10 pounds is a pedi.... go to Kohls and try on a snug pair of jeans- look at the size- when the size below that is snug you get a new pair of jeans... Start the day with a large glass of water... always!

• HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    SalamJ90 wrote: »

Where are you getting the unhealthy stuff? If it Temps you maybe think if it's worth even buying at the grocery store. If you still want it but have trouble with moderation try splitting a bag or box into individual portions so to not mindlessly eat a whole bag.