How any Calories do you burn per day/workout?

Options
On average how many calories do you burn per day/workout ?

I normally burn between 200/300 5/6 days per week. I'm just wondering if that's too little and if I should be aiming for more?

Replies

• Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Mine varies, most of the time per workout my minimum goal on a bad day is about 350, on a really good day where I am feeling motivates and not worn out I can make it all the way to 600 or 700 calories. It's a lot of work, but it makes me feel good.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's whatever is right for you really. Any exercise is better than sitting on your *kitten* ;)

I did Body Combat and Pilates today back to back, burned 533 at BC and 250 at P but that is a heavy day for me. If I'm just doing Cardio in the gym I am for around 400-500 but that's easier for me as I'm big.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It depends on what workouts Im doing. I usually am for 200-400 a day!
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I burn a little over 500, but I only work out 3-4 days per week (normally 3) :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you, approximately 200 to 300 depending what I am doing, and how much time i have. I work out 5 times a week and this fits into my lifestyle pretty easily.
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    It's whatever is right for you really. Any exercise is better than sitting on your *kitten* ;)

I did Body Combat and Pilates today back to back, burned 533 at BC and 250 at P but that is a heavy day for me. If I'm just doing Cardio in the gym I am for around 400-500 but that's easier for me as I'm big.

True. I just feel like I should be doing more.

That's normally from 40 minutes exercise and a 30 minute walk.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I go to Curves and usually burn 350-400 cals 3 times a week. I also walk my Doberman 5 times a week (hubbys job @weekend lol) and I included housework (cleaning cardio) as I seem to spend a lot of my day doing that lol

martyxxx
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i usually burn around 600-700 5 days a week then weekend rest.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    On average how many calories do you burn per day/workout ?

Around 800-1000 per 1 hour jog/walk (which I do daily, 6.5 days a week meaning I generally take a day off to rest about every other week), according to my monitor, depending on my pace. Some days I'm just able to do more than the others....sometimes I only jog 2 miles, sometimes I jog around 5; just whatever I'm able to do. I think my BMR duing the same timeframe is around 145, so if you take that out I guess the actual additional calories 'burned' over my BMR are between 6-800 on average.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I like to burn at least 300 calories but like to reach more like 600 if I can.
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 times per week and try my best to burn at least 600 each time. I want to increase that burn eventually.
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    I think I will try and burn more lol.

I do minus my resting calories out of the number my heart rate gives me though.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Some days I burn 200-300 calories, other days I burn 600-700 calories. I find that the yo-yo effect works best for me. On days I burn more calories, I can eat more calories. Keep your body guessing as to what you are going to do each day. If you do the same thing every day, your body's metabolizm will regulate itself accordingly. And always eat at least 1200 calories, or your body will go into starvation mode. Keep your body guessing what you are going to do.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Usually between 350 and 450 a day (estimated). I usually play basketball for about an hour each day on my lunch break.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It depends on the workout. I mostly do Turbo Jam and end up burning at least 400-500 calories.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I burn 400-550 in 30-45 minute (plus cool-down), but I had to work up to it 5 months ago when I started I was at 300-400. I try to go 4-5 times a week I actually average 3-4. The goal is to do what you can and gradually move up.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Anything between 200 Calories (weight lifting) and 800 Calories (Hour and a half hard CV like running or elliptical or rowing). I run pretty fast - 12 to 15 km/h depending on the distance. Never less than 5k.

Typically 4 times a week