Where my fat geeks at??

Options

Replies

• phips1983
    phips1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Geek/nerd trapped in a rockers body here...can not actually wait for this to return. b9qiz4eywqbr.png
  • M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I might have thought about this post and chuckled a bit as this came on my playlist while on treadmill....

Test. Your. Might.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPxGirFHYh0

Don't judge. You all shouted, "FINISH HIM!"

\m/
  • phips1983
    phips1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    I ordered a Fitbit charge hr and a saw an app called fitbitrpg which looked interesting...like gaming and challenges and leveling up with your fitness Fitbit info. Anyone here use that or here of it? I thought when I receive my Fitbit I might check it out if it's worthwhile. Just curious!

Haven't heard of it, but there is a zombie running app if you're interested 2fos6pl8cvqq.png

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Hypothetically speaking of course... Does having a Hermione Granger wand from Olivander's hanging above the door to one's office and an inkwell with feather pen on one's desk from Scribbulus qualify them as a geek? What if an individual has a rather unhealthy obsession with the book series Outlander? If the globe on the corner of "my friend's" desk is actually a death star made to look like a globe, does that count?
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Geek gal here... currently overweight but looking to get my Warrior Princess on! Feel free to add me, I'd love some new friends of all kinds including fellow nerds!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    phips1983 wrote: »
    I ordered a Fitbit charge hr and a saw an app called fitbitrpg which looked interesting...like gaming and challenges and leveling up with your fitness Fitbit info. Anyone here use that or here of it? I thought when I receive my Fitbit I might check it out if it's worthwhile. Just curious!

Haven't heard of it, but there is a zombie running app if you're interested 2fos6pl8cvqq.png

*squeals like a little monkey* I did this over summer and fall. It's a lot of fun except when the app shuts down during your run.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    phips1983 wrote: »

Thanks! I got this tonight, it looks really fun! I'm gonna start tomorrow.

What's great about the app is you can have Pandora, or any music, going in the background and they'll quiet it down while they tell the story, and then it comes back to full volume once they're done.

I had zombie chases enabled, and whenever one would get 50m from me, the app would crash. So I had to eventually turn off the zombie chases.
  • Greyeer
    Greyeer Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Room for another geek? I have been on MFP for years but I suck at the social part, an unfortunate side effect from being a geek I guess. Apart from weight loss goals (lost 32kgs, have 20kgs to go) I am trying to be a better functioning human being in general and that means stepping away from the BBC Sherlock episodes and not reading quite so many fanfics. Instead I plan on interacting with other humans. Terrifying!!

Feel free to add me, as I don't actually know how to add people myself!
  • hollysandersonx
    hollysandersonx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Does anyone play World of Warcraft?!
  • hollysandersonx
    edited January 2016
    Options
    tyrantduck wrote: »
    Definitely a fat geek here (as you can see by my anime tattoo... I also have two gamer tats). I'm sad to say I'm too heavy to use my Wii Fit board, but it was my go-to workout back before life got so hectic (damn you, adulting!). I would easily burn over 1000cals every workout. I do have some workout games that don't require the use of the Wii Fit board but they're just not fun...

Awesome!! I have a World of Warcraft tattoo myself! What are yours?

fgc09c43801w.jpg
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The question is, do you bubble before pressing the tattoo?
  • hollysandersonx
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    The question is, do you bubble before pressing the tattoo?

I'm a rogue so I can't!
  • throssboss123
    throssboss123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Rite back attacha
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    cfs4ge8fi348.jpg

Great job!
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Not sure if I'm fat (204 lbs., 15%) anymore but I'm like undercover geekazoid. Like I'm about to go lift right now (near 6AM) while listening to the WoW or LOTR theme. Haha!
  • brown_eyed_girl13
    brown_eyed_girl13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I may not be on the same geek level as some (not much into gaming) but I work in computers, so that counts :) it's hard staying fit when you sit at a desk and fix software problems all day. Motivation is always welcome!!
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hypothetically speaking of course... Does having a Hermione Granger wand from Olivander's hanging above the door to one's office and an inkwell with feather pen on one's desk from Scribbulus qualify them as a geek? What if an individual has a rather unhealthy obsession with the book series Outlander? If the globe on the corner of "my friend's" desk is actually a death star made to look like a globe, does that count?

Uh... yah...
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd!