Confessions

Options
Who out there is willing to admit what they are or are not doing with the information the site gives us and if they have been successful so far.

Are you eatting all of your calories each day?
Do you eat the bonus calories if you earn them?
Are you exercising?
Do you log everything in?
Based on what you are doing what has your success looked like? ARe you losing or maintaining?
Anything else you want to add....

Ok, I eat all my calories everyday
I eat most of the bonus calories, sometimes even if I don't earn them.....:ohwell:
I exercise 5 days per week
I don't log everything in
BAsed off of what I am doing I am not successful, I am maintaining and it needs to stop.

I want to add that everyone here has helped me in little ways so far and I just wanted to know what those of you that are losing weight are consistently doing to get great results. Like Bunnyb said, I am great at giving advice but I don't seem to hear myself when I am giving it.

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Who out there is willing to admit what they are or are not doing with the information the site gives us and if they have been successful so far.

Are you exercising?
    Based on what you are doing what has your success looked like? ARe you losing or maintaining?

Ok, I eat all my calories everyday
    I eat most of the bonus calories, sometimes even if I don't earn them.....:ohwell:
    I exercise 5 days per week
    I don't log everything in
    BAsed off of what I am doing I am not successful, I am maintaining and it needs to stop.

I want to add that everyone here has helped me in little ways so far and I just wanted to know what those of you that are losing weight are consistently doing to get great results. Like Bunnyb said, I am great at giving advice but I don't seem to hear myself when I am giving it.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    i have a hard time counting everything I eat, but I do try. The weekends though, it is hard to log because i'm with people and family and we, well, eat. So that is my day off for being good all week. That is not saying that I over do it, I do not. I just enjoy what everyone else is doing, to fit in and they don't even know I am "dieting"

:smile:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i eat all of my cal (4-6 small meals/day)
    i usually eat my bonus cals as well
    i work out 2-3 days a week
    i log EVERYTHING that i eat/drink
    my eating habits have improved 100% and i am feeling good about myself, success!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this site!
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    YES
    NO, BUT MAINLY BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE VERY MANY, AND I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.
    Are you exercising?
    i'M PROUD TO SAY YES, WEEKDAY I GO TO THE GYM AFTER WORK, THE WEEKENDS I USALLY REST BUT WILL GO FOR A LITTLE WALK OR SOMETHING

HONESTLY NO, ITS NOT BECAUSE I'M OVER BUT MY FAMILY MAKES A LOT OF HOMEADE STUFF AND IT CAN BE DIFFICULT TO TRACK ALL THAT STUFF BUT I ALWAYS CHECK EVERYTHING AND JUST TRY TO MAKE GOOD CHOICES, AS FOR EXERCISES THEY DON;T HAVE A LOT OF THE THINGS I DO SO I USUALLY DON;T LOG IT, BUT THE CAL COUNTER IS GREAT!!

Based on what you are doing what has your success looked like?
    iTS LOOKING GREAT SO FAR THREE WEEKS AND 8 LBS DOWN!!
    ARe you losing or maintaining?
    LOSING!!!
    BESIDE THE CAL COUNTER THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS SITE ARE THE MESSAGE BOARDS, EVERYONE ON HERE IS SO SUPPORTIVE AND HELPFUL! DON;T NO WHERE I'D BE WITH OUT YOU GUYS!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty well. I stay within my calorie limit.
    I have not been working out.
    I log everything (usually, unless it's my weekend to be with Mom, then I am not home to do so)

I have lost but not like I would like. I know it's because I don't work out. I just haven't found something that I LIKE to do.

Great topic!!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Are you exercising?

I'm usually within 100 calories of eating all my calories for the day
    I eat my bonus calories (if I didn't I'd starve!) :smile:
    I exercise 6 days a week, 1 hour a day
    I log everything, except on my day off, which may be part of the reason I'm not seeing great results :grumble:
    I have lost two pounds in the 2 weeks I've been doing this... I am hoping that once my period is over in a couple of days I will see better numbers, whith the calories I'm eating I should have lost 4... but I do feel great! :drinker:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I'm on maintenance now but in the calorie crunch time.......

I exersiced four days a week (three cardio, one-two days weights, I rarely used those extra calories ( unless I planned a splurge day) and I always underestimated the calories burned because I feel we grossly overestimate calories burned through exersice

I always ate 1200 cals a day, and went over those calories once a week usually, but made sure I made it up the next day with exersice. I never created a calorie defecit the next day if I ate too much the day before.

I logged and still do log everything (not gum:laugh ), but from the milk in my coffee to the margerine on my bread to the ketchup for my fries.

I weigh my food when it is appropriate, eyeballing doesn't work.

If I had a bite of something, I logged it in as best I could and I overestimated the calories if I was unsure, as bites can add up to 300-400 cals a day.

I had and have a junk food snack everyday, I always saved the calories for a little something 100-200 calories worth

I learned to snack often because 1200 calories suck, so 100-200 calorie bites every hour or two helped.

I weighed myself one to two times a week

I lost one to two pounds a week on average and was very rarely hungry
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...confession...forgive me MFP, for I have sinned...

I try to make sure to eat all of my calories each day, but occasionally I'm just not hungry and can't find anything besides junk to fill in the extra 100 that I may be down so I just let it go. I figure I can eat it the next day.

I rarely eat the extra calories from working out, unless I happen to go out to dinner unexpectedly then I'm sure I get them in. On those days, I don't log my calories because I generally have no idea what I've eaten. :grumble:

Some days I just want some wine and drink it whether or not I'm close to my allotted calories! BAD ME!

Some days I just don't work out as hard as I should because I just don't feel like it but I log the exercise in as if I had anyway. Since I don't usually eat those calories, I figure it's no biggie...but I really should be working out harder.

Oh...not that there aren't more...but...sometimes what I call 2 Tbsp (peanut butter, dressing, sour cream, whatever) may actually be closer to 3 or 4! Dang it!

Okay, that's all I care to remember at the moment. LOL

Oh, but I still am losing 2-3 lbs per week! That's good, right?!

Oh yeah, and on weekends I don't pay much attention but do try to make good choices and watch my portions. Dang it! I'm such a sinner!!!
  • stephbarrera
    Options
    I usually have some left over I try so hard not to go over that some days I have about a hundred left.
    no I usually don't need them
    Are you exercising?
    I workout five days a week then on the weekend I try to do something fun that still exercise
    I'm a faithful logger I log everything I eat, and drink
    I've lost three pounds in two and half weeks
    ARe you losing or maintaining?
    I'm losing just not as fast as I would like.
    I haven't lost much weight but the engery I have is amazing, I feel so much better then before I started watching what I ate. To me that makes it so worth it, I now have the engery to run around with my toddler.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Are you exercising?

I do try to eat all of my calories each day. There have only been a few days where I have been under.
    I eat my bonus calories.
    I exercise at least five days a week for an hour and more if I know I will be "overeating"
    I log everything unless it's something I just don't know how to log-ie if we go out to eat
    Since the beginning of September I have lost 53 pounds & 30 inches so I must be doing something right!:drinker:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My daily allowance is 1340 and I usually do eat that much.

Some but not all and only if I am hungry. On days I spend 2-3 hours exercising then I have to eat some of the extra b/c I get so light headed if I don't.
    Are you exercising? Yes, alot.
    Do you log everything in? For the most part. I don't measure everything so there might be times that is not quite accurate.
    After losing 36 pounds, I was stuck for three months. Then I found this site. The first week I lost 4 pounds...this week I lost no pounds. I would like to lose a few more but I am at a point that I am happy and healthy so it is more about staying that way.
    ARe you losing or maintaining? See above.
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    Yes
    No, maybe a just a few
    Are you exercising?
    Yes, 5-6 days a week
    Yes
    I've lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks.
    I love wine. I work 2 glasses of red wine into each day (within my 1200 cals). I cheat a little on weekends but I log it. I love cooking and I'm pretty darn good at it, so we eat good food, but I have re-learned how to cook with healthy stuff. I'd probably lose more if I replaced the wine with other things. But I don't want to. This isn't a diet, this is my new way of life. So I'll gladly take 2 lbs a week while enjoying myself.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Are you exercising?

I am eating all my calories and sometimes more.
    I do eat the bonus calories when I do exercise.
    The only type of exercise I've been doing since before Thanksgiving is jogging in place, crunches, squats & some pushups.
    I don't log everything in.. sometimes I go without logging anything for weeks at a time.
    I'm maintaining right now(stuck @ 127 pounds)
    I don't have a problem staying at this wieght but I have tons of toning to do but I can't get back into the exercising mode... it's been so cold up here(Upstate NY) and all I want to do is cuddle up and stay warm.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    [[/quote]

I do try to eat all of my calories each day. There have only been a few days where I have been under.
    I eat my bonus calories.
    I exercise at least five days a week for an hour and more if I know I will be "overeating"
    I log everything unless it's something I just don't know how to log-ie if we go out to eat
    Since the beginning of September I have lost 53 pounds & 30 inches so I must be doing something right!:drinker:
    [/quote]

Julieb, your results are great! I'm guessing you use the site just as it is set up. I am starting to think that those "bonus" calories might be the key to continuing weight loss. They keep saying it on biggest loser, you have to eat, but I am finding that I have a hard time with that, and so do a lot of other people on the site.

Thanks to ev1 that has replied so far, I look forward to reading more, after the treadmill.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    No, I dont eat my calories everyday, but I try:blushing:

I sometimes use my extra calories

I do cardio 6 days per week for an hour to an hour and a half fairly consistently

When I cheat and go over I exercise more and watch what I eat for three days after

Have lost 28 pounds in 19 weeks - only 7 to go!!

Went to Europe on vacation and somehow lost a pound
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I do eat my calories everyday. I also east my earned calories.

I exercise every day for 15-30 minutes on my glider. If I exercised any more than that I wouldn't be able to eat all my earned calories.

I try to log everything in. I don't have a computer at home yet but I try to write everthing down and enter it at work on Mondays. I made myself a spreadsheet so it should be easier to log on weekends now until I can get a computer for home.

I've lost three pounds since I started this program the second week of January. I'm thrilled with the progress I've made so far.

I'm eating a lot healthier and I'm exercising thanks to mfp.
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Are you eating all of your calories each day?

I always eat all of my base calories. I have switched in the past few weeks to a higher calorie base (1400 instead of 1200) by claiming to be very active- after all of the debates going on here and researching it. I was afraid if I plateaued I would have nowhere to go. Adding 200 calories made a huge difference in how easy it was to keep to my calorie limit!

Most of the time. Sometimes I will leave 100-300 of the bonus caloriesif I don't feel like eating them.

Are you exercising?

I have been consistently exercising 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes a day since November. This month I have gone through a few weeks of only working out 4 days a week and I also took an entire week off of watching my eating! Needless to say, this has been the slowest weight loss month. Up until today I had only lost 2 pounds. Today I weighed myself and I have lost 3 more! :bigsmile: So I feel my new plan is working out (more calories & working out consistently 6 days a week again).

Almost always. But the week I took off I didn't.

I have lost 24 pounds and many inches since November! I have gone from a size 16 to a size 12! Hopefully I'm halfway to a size 10!:happy:

My last workout I tried doing intervals on my elliptical machine. It made the workout so much harder! I think instead of adding 5 minutes to my workouts I am going to just change it to intervals every time for 30 minutes.

Everyone is different. You have to go at a pace you can keep up with and live with to make this a lifestyle.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!

Why else would I burn them?

Are you exercising?
    7 days a week - haven't lost a day in a few months

yep, but I may underestimate when going out to eat - I hate to measure.

I've lost 9-10 lbs in 4 months or so. I don't eat white flour or sugar (unless it's in chocolate:happy: ). I don't eat meat at all. I never eat trans fats.
  • pmj315
    pmj315 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yes

yes

Are you exercising?
    at least 4 days a week

yes

losing - Lost 10 lbs since January 1st 2008

Anything else you want to add.... I love this website
  • bricker06
    Options
    i eat with in 100 cals every day, i never eat my burned calories, i exercise everyday no less than 30 mins, try to exercise 90 mins 3 days a week, i log everything the best i can, i have lost 19 since
    12-27-07. this site is the best. this si the first time i have really been commited and its all thanks to this site it makes it easy.