In retrospect, I wish ????

Options
thatgirl790
thatgirl790 Posts: 4 Member
I wish I would not have fell off the wagon and gained back the 10lbs I lost and have kept off, but mind you I have 50lbs in total to loose. These thighs and gut is giving me the blues. Lol

Replies

• That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have enjoyed/loved my pre-baby body more. Three kids have done a number on me, and I thought badly of myself then. Looking back, I don't know wtf I was thinking
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I wish I hadn't gained this extra weight.
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    That I'd enjoyed more sweets before deciding to get fit.....
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My body was this nice when I was 20.
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    My body was this nice when I was 20.

Same for me!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    There are so many things we could say "in retrospect" for, but the fact is if anything was done differently my life would be different and I might not have the children and grandchildren I have today, so I wouldn't change a thing no matter what hell I've been through or what might have been!
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I wish I would've walked away 7 yrs ago and save myself from the uncertainty that came with staying.
  • DavidBB2018
    DavidBB2018 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That I didn't quit Martial Arts 30 years ago, one belt from my blackbelt...back at it now though.
  • HollyS6
    HollyS6 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Stuck with sports. I got out of competitive playing in my early 30's. I should have stuck it out or picked up a different hobby. I miss the activity and the social aspect.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a15 wrote: »
    I wish I would've walked away 7 yrs ago and save myself from the uncertainty that came with staying.

I am at almost 20 years for that.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I spent more time at maintenance than going straight to a powerlifting peaking program and using it as an excuse to get fat.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I wish I had gone to the gym this morning so I wouldn't have to go this evening.
  • thatgirl790
    thatgirl790 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too. Because I would have enjoyed it better verses I've got to
  • JehTL
    JehTL Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wish it wasn't socially unacceptable for males to shave their legs. I love the freedom. Yeah, I should've shaved my legs years ago.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I wish I had just stayed in shape from High School, College, and USMC to the present day. Would have been a lot easier than trying to get back there.
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wish at each stage of my slow weight gain that I had loved myself and seen the beauty in who I was at that moment, maybe I wouldn't have gained so much weight if I'd been happy with me at 160 or me at 180 or me at 200.
  • barrski145
    barrski145 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There are so many things we could say "in retrospect" for, but the fact is if anything was done differently my life would be different and I might not have the children and grandchildren I have today, so I wouldn't change a thing no matter what hell I've been through or what might have been!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Happy with myself but not content. Always striving to improve.