Need a buddy !!!!

Options
Hi, I need someone for support that wouldn't mind staying in contact. I'm 32 female and looking for someone similar. I don't have any kids, and am mostly walking. I have 20-40lb to lose. Annie

Replies

• Whodat8383
    Whodat8383 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    BTW, I'm 5'0, if there r any other shorties out there....

• leighann3333
    leighann3333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Annie,

I just started myself and have 20-25lbs to lose. I'm 35 and have three kids.I'd like to start running a little, headed to the gym tonight for the first time in more than a year. If you'd like to buddy up I'd be interested.

Leigh Ann

• Whodat8383
    Options
    Yes!!!!! Definitely! I do best with accountability of any sort! I look forward to chatting with you!!! And good for you with 3 kids! I'm a teacher and I'm always glad to go home, lol!
  • leighann3333
    Options
    Great! You too Annie! I'll let you know if I actually make it to the gym tonight. I have to wait til the kids are in bed so won't head out until 8:30 or so. Knowing you'll ask will definitely make me more motivated. I'm 5'6 and have always been a little over weight or on the high end of normal. I'm done having kids so I'd love to get down to. A size 6 or 8 and stay there. Good luck to you and I look forward to chatting too!
  • Whodat8383
    Options
    A size 6 would be heaven! Let me know how you did! I'll check back tonight ;) Best of luck, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Gulzil
    Gulzil Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting after gaining 25lbs. Looking to make new friends and supporters.

I'm 5'4" with 25lbs to lose.
  • leighann3333
    Options
    Good luck Gulzil and welcome!
  • Whodat8383
    Options
    Add me as a friend!!!!
  • Whodat8383
    Options
    Leighann3333, did you make it to the gym? My app seems to be glitching when I tried to send a reply earlier. Also, I can't figure out how to add people as friends yet!
  • trudycarle282
    trudycarle282 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whodat8383 wrote: »
    Hi, I need someone for support that wouldn't mind staying in contact. I'm 32 female and looking for someone similar. I don't have any kids, and am mostly walking. I have 20-40lb to lose. Annie

• Whodat8383
    Options
    Sounds like we all have similar goals! So nice to meet some people I can talk to!!!! Most of my friends are guys and could care less!!!! Just got back from a walk, but also learned I can't keep Captain Crunch in the house. A box was gone in 2 days. Oh well. I do ok if I can keep the food out of the house. Any ideas to stay motivated with tracking? Do you track your food as soon as you eat or just a couple times of day?
  • trudycarle282
    trudycarle282 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Trudy also new here-from upstate New York 42 yr old female-also considering gastric bypass-trying hard to get in shape...;)
  • Whodat8383
    Options
    Take it one day at a time! You can do it, but I know it is so, so difficult. I'm here if you need to talk about anything any time! My weight has fluctuated a lot! I find exercising--even just walking a few minutes a day--encourages me to eat healthier!
  • Whodat8383
    Options
    Can you send me a friend request? I would love to add you and I don't know how!!!!!!
  • freesoul
    freesoul Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello there, I am 39, five feet tall, no kids at home, have about 25 lbs to lose...ideally. I am running a little, 20 min or so almost every day. Add me! I need people...
  • baayres
    baayres Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Back on track again, in need of buddies :)
  • Janes_MFP
    Janes_MFP Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    to add as a friend, click on the persons name and then click on their name again. that will give u the option to add as friend
  • leighann3333
    Options
    Annie- I didn't make it but I did butt and thigh exercises following a fitness app on my phone. I have really been doing good with counting calories with the my fitness pal app. I've lost 3lbs in about 1.5 weeks. I'm feeling really motivated right now. How did you do today? Each say is one step closer to a leaner, more energetic you!! You can do it! I will try to add you as a fried. Not quite sure how to do it.
  • Whodat8383
    Options
    Good for you! I think being flexible with your workout and eating is so key. It's easy to say, "oh ______ came up, oh well not tonight". So GOOD FOR U!!!!
  • Whodat8383
    Options
    I've been walking and trying to eat protein, veggies, fruits, and limited whole grains. With coffee & soft serve as occasional treats when calories allow it. It deleted all my days of food journaling!!!!