Tired and overweight

Options
startrun
startrun Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Wish I just had some more sleep. How to get sleep when you have children I'm drinking too much coffee at least 3 cups I want to reduce it?

Replies

• sbc514boston
    sbc514boston Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No easy answer to that.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You want to reduce it?

or

You want to reduce it.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Reducing my coffee intake to one cup in the morning helped me radically sleep wise. Good luck.
  • ashane2go
    ashane2go Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No coffee 6 hours before bed helps me a lot. Cafeine stays in our system that long.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What's your actual question?
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    startrun wrote: »
    Wish I just had some more sleep. How to get sleep when you have children I'm drinking too much coffee at least 3 cups I want to reduce it?
    I have the same problem with soft drink and if I manage to drop that for a small amount of time I pick some other drink up. Admittedly low calorie hot chocolate, low calorie cordial and tea aren't bad but everything must be done in moderation. You can even have too much water though most people don't.
    I'd suggest that while weight is your issue track your calories and incorporate what makes you feel good into them. A diet is quite hard to keep if it doesn't make you feel good. This is Monday so first week of the year for me so getting back to it all today as well.
    Good luck!
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    startrun wrote: »
    P.S - Also for rest I'd ease into morning drink rather than 3 and/or going to sleep a bit after when you get your children to rest. It takes a lot less time than even an insomniac to fall asleep when you give it a chance.

• startrun
    Options
    I just need to loss about 10 pounds to be a healthy weight again.
    Yesterday I messed up and had coffee in the noon which is why I'm not sleeping.
    I have a plan in a couple of hours when I wake,
    I will do my best to SIT DOWN AND DRINK ONLY ONE CUP! then for the rest of the day I will have reminders on my phone not to drink any more. Hopefully that will help.
    Sleepovers at my place don't help this situation so yesterday was it for a couple of weeks until I can get this under control. Thanks again
    Oh about the weight my goal is to eat healthy.
    I read something that said get rid of all junk food which I did today it was good. Lol
    Going to try to eat some more fruits and green veggies. I guess we all get off track sometimes.
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Green tea or peppermint relaxes before bed
  • startrun
    Options
    Thank you very much
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Green tea has caffeine, so if you're very sensitive to it, go for either peppermint or camomile. There's also Valerian tea, which might help you sleep.
  • startrun
    Options
    Thank you I'll try that in the afternoons.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I simply can't have any caffeine after about 2:00 p.m. or it interrupts my sleep. I switch to decaf teas, water, or diet sodas.
  • startrun
    Options
    Thank you
  • acgnyc123
    acgnyc123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try making a mixture of loose herbal teas. Make it fun like a "witches gourmet brew" that has orange peel in it, jasmin pearl tea which looks like a pellet and then unfolds into a flower in hot water, and other exotic teas you may find at your health food store. Valerian tea was mentioned above which is a great suggestion. I am an insomniac but when i make one of these brews, i get cozy and I actually get sleepy. Speaking of which..better go make thay tea concoction.
  • hugrabug
    hugrabug Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fellow mom here with a similar problem. I have a rule that after 11:30am I cut off my caffeine intake. I hardly drink soda, but I drink a lot of coffee (generally 3-5 cups in the morning) so it's important that it's out of my system by bedtime. I've tried decaf coffee but it has a placebo affect of keeping me up anyways.

During the afternoon it's water or herbal tea. Sleepytime blend works great if I can't relax.