Is the Fitbit worth it?

Options
I'm a freshman in college, and I need motivation to be more active, whether that means take the long way to class or go for a jog around campus, and I was hoping some of you could tell me if and how Fitbit was able to help!
Thank you!

Replies

• XXMISFITGIRLXX
    XXMISFITGIRLXX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used it for a few weeks, didn't calculate correctly for me.
  • blackmagic25
    blackmagic25 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I like it, I bought the surge. I don't depend on it too much because I'm not sure if when I workout doing weights if it's calculating correctly with cardio workouts yes use it.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I think for what you would use it for, you may like it. I had one (I got one free from work) and I didn't find it useful for my purposes. I wore it in conjunction with my HR monitor. I found that it wouldn't register any activity when on an elliptical for 45 min but it would give me several thousand when kneeling in the garden. If you use it to monitor your general activity level, you may like it, but if you are like me (who counts calories and monitors calories burned through exercise, try a HR monitor.
  • larissamalcolm
    larissamalcolm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit flex. I like it but I really like gadgets of all sorts. I have had it for a lite over a year. I took about six months off and started using it again in July. I have friends on the Fitbit app and we do challenges. That motivates me to walk more on days when I just don't feel like moving. Yesterday I took a break from the gym and I am on vacation from work but when I saw how far my friends were ahead of me I walked to the Redbox to get movies. Without the Fitbit I wouldn't have done that. I end up eating the calories a lot of the time so it probably isn't helping with weight loss but it had encouraged me to move when I would have just vegged out.