Foods you love and hate

2»

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Love: Peanut butter, waffles, oatmeal, ice cream, bacon, cheesecake, coconut, chocolate chip cookies, pasta, bagels, sweet potato, cheese, anything fried, I could go on and on...

Hate: Fatty cuts of meat like ribeye steaks (the texture, blech!), anything with chunks of onion or tomato in it, 90% of salads, mushrooms, pickles, olives
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Love: Cheese almost in every form, Most meats especially beef and chicken, peas, pasta, potatoes, white fudge covered Oreos.

Hate: Seafood of any kind, ham, pineapple and oranges(the smell alone makes me fat), stuffing or basically anything made with old bread
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Love:
    Pizza, potatoes, bagels [scooped out, tyvm], fruit and veggies, full fat dairy, greek yogurt, most herbs, fresh pasta, garlic

Hate:
    milk from the carton, all meat and poultry, eggs [allergic], raspberries, mint, all meat substitutes, vinegar, soy sauce, all beans, anything spicy
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Love: pb, Nutella , okra, chocolate and fruits, eggs

Hate: cilantro, arugula, dandelion greens, collard greens, Cole slaw, steak,plain tuna on salad, mesclun, any bitter greens.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    I used to love Nutella, now it tastes like frosting to me.
  • NisNis1020
    NisNis1020 Posts: 4 Member
    My favorite food is pizza (or really bread and cheese in any form)! So I have to make renditions that are high in protein and low in fat / carbs / sugar. Try a cauliflower flourless crust and low fat cheese with white meat chicken and spinach for toppings. Yum!
  • ljo239
    ljo239 Posts: 16 Member
    I love so many foods, but my absolute favorites would be medjool dates, good sushi, rice noodles, eggs, olives, cheese and very spicy foods.

I very much dislike melons (except watermelon), most squash, and most cooked fish. I'll tolerate most foods but firmly believe cantaloupe ruins fruit salads and cooked salmon is some sort of punishment. Though I'll happily chow down on salmon sashimi...

Yes! I can't stand cantelope or cooked salmon. 100% with you on both of those!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    As for foods I love, keep me away from macaroni and cheese and pizza! I could sit there and eat those things forever. I've been working primarily on moderation of these types of items so that when I do have them (which is inevitable), I won't sit there and just shovel in mountains of cheesy deliciousness. So far, I've had pizza twice and was successful with moderation.

As for foods I hate, OLIVES. Oh yuck, they are the worst. Also not a fan of canned tuna (or really just cooked tuna in general), shredded coconut, and nuts. The last two primarily because I they get stuck in my teeth, not because I particularly loathe the flavor.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Love: raw spinach, garden tomatoes, seeds, cheese, bread, lasagne, chicken, bacon, fresh fish. And funny enough opposed to many others on this thread- love tuna melts and cilantro
    Hate: brussel sprouts, coconut, shell fish (bottom feeders), fake cheese (like cheese whiz! gross)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited January 2016
    I hate hot cereals (porridge), bananas, organ meat and milk.

The list of foods I love is a list much too long to type here. Every time I say I love a food my husband responds with "You say that about everything."
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Tuna melts are one of my favorites!! On the topic of sandwiches, I really hate rubens - they are everything I hate combined into one sandwich. Blech!

Non-sandwich-foods:
    Love: Avocado, swordfish and runny eggs
    Hate: Olives, mayo and raspberries
  • stranger2310
    stranger2310 Posts: 28 Member
    Love: swede, really 'gummy' dates, anything Asian (Thai, Indian, Japanese, Vietnamese, and especially Chinese; I cook a lot from Fuschia Dunlop's cookbooks and think they're brilliant), big bowls of white rice, jam roly poly and rice pudding, mushrooms. I love most foods, to be honest!

Hate: I don't think there's anything I 'hate' - it's more like I wouldn't choose to eat something if I had a choice. Tuna steaks don't do it for me, nor does the thought of moussaka (maybe that's just a bad school dinner memory), or raisins that are really gritty.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Love: Everything except what's below!

Hate: Squid, shellfish (except prawns and scallops), carrots, olives, spaghetti bolognese, lamb, mustard, pickles, celery, cauliflower
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Love: chocolate, chips, pasta
    Hate: anything that involves olives or rye bread
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Love: salmon, peanut butter & (good) pizza
    Hate: liver, cilantro
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    I used to hate cilantro, too. With a sincere passion. Was one of the people it tastes like Palmolive dish soap to.

Note the past tense. Apparently your taste buds can change on this one since mine did in my late 30s. I don't seek it out, but I now use it in a few recipes calling for it where I used to omit it (e.g., salsas, enchiladas, steak tacos, etceteras).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I love pizza and hate wasabi. And celery, bleh.
  • chuber15
    chuber15 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm not a fan of salted/pickled things. I have a hard time eating most cured or deli meats.
    I could eat cheese all day; but not cheddar. I guess I am low risk for gout then, haha.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Love cheese but it doesnt love me back ( hate peanut butter cups reeses especially but any combination of pb and chocolate is bleurgh to me
    Hazelnut and chocolate is another story
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    I love guavas, melons, dragon fruit, apples, all sorts of fruit basically. Chocolate, except for the minty kinds and chocolate + fruit combination which I hate. Hummus. Big salads, vegetables, Italian style pizza, sandwiches! My favorite food is frozen yoghurt. All healthy except that I go overboard with chocolate, and I absolutely can't be near cereal, I can finish a whole box in one sitting. I also like soft boiled or poached eggs.

I can't stand beets, most types of meat, especially red meat. I don't like oily dishes, mayo, all kinds of potatoes, even potato chips. Shellfish. Bacon, meatballs, processed meat products. I don't like Thai food, it's grassy, fishy, soupy and spicy. Vietnamese food, Indonesian food. Eastern European food (too much meat), French food, Spanish food. Can't stand Chinese food. It's generalizing and there is definitely some things from French cuisine that I love but I would never choose to eat at a French or Spanish restaurant. Not crazy about pasta. I don't like cheese much, except maybe on pizza but it has to have other toppings to overpower the cheese.

I am sooo incredibly picky!
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    I LOVE black olives and I HATE celery :)
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    parfia wrote: »
    I LOVE black olives and I HATE celery :)

I believe Satan put celery on this earth to trick us. It's so freaking nasty! !!! Love beetroot :) and cheese....