Any medical people here, doctors, nurses, other who want to form a group and support each other?

Options

Replies

• PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I sent a group invite to anyone who posted above.

The new group is called Heal Thyself! Health Care Professionals Here's the link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111029-heal-thyself-health-care-professionals

It's a public group on this website and anyone who reads this is welcome to join. :)
  • noranelfazary
    noranelfazary Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Third year medical student
    iam in
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    *bump* Dang this board moves fast!
  • bananainafruittree
    Options
    Id like to get in on this :) I'm a pre med student
  • provon
    provon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So who notices that when they feel good about how they are eating and exercising, that it is so much easier to give advice and support others? Sometimes I don't feel very authentic when I am unhappy with my choices. Today was a good day. Ate clean, went to the gym and gave some good cooking tips at work.
  • provon
    provon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Id like to get in on this :) I'm a pre med student

Hang in there. It is not easy to be pre med. get used to taking good care of yourself now
  • fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First year nursing student, previously a GP healthcare assistant where a big part of my job was running NHS health checks. I don't look overweight as I am tall and muscular but felt incredibly guilty giving lifestyle advice with a BMI in the high twenties.
  • meh90
    meh90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes. Registered Dietitian!! I am 50 and have gained over 25 pounds the last 10 years. Wanting to lose at least 15 pounds by my daughters wedding in July!
  • Haleycz496
    Haleycz496 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anesthesiology assistant and have a degree in health promotion.... Looking to lose 40 lbs. need to practice what I preach!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Retired Critical Care RN. MFP member for 3 years. Lost 40 lbs last year and gained a few lbs over the Holidays. Want to lose 25 more by June 30th.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Second year med student! Lost about 25 pounds last year during MS1. Looking to lose about 15 more.
  • Kmdvorzsak
    Kmdvorzsak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great place to get support. Add me please. OR Nurse 4 yrs. I need to loose weight for me and my patients.
  • marji1974
    marji1974 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add. Have been a nurse for 17 1/2 years. Have always struggled with my weight with gains and losing. Decided a year ago to take back my life and become healthier. Have lost 52 pounds so far, would like to lose 20 more to be at my ideal weight. Could use the motivation and support.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    ER Nurse here. I've been maintaining for 4 years now, 16 pounds under my goal weight. I lost 30 pounds thanks to Weight Watchers, and I've maintained with the help of MFP. You can do it!!

I'm an ER nurse too :) I'll send you an add
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been a night shift nurse in pediatric cardiac ICU for 19 years. Switching back and forth and sleep habits are my enemy. Best thing I do is pack my food for the night. Healthy snack and "lunch" and that is it. No pot luck meals. No cafeteria meals. No ordering out. Period. Pre-logging keeps me accountable. I am down 19 pounds with maybe 5 more to go. I feel so much better! I can work circles around those 20-somethings ;)

I see all of the nurses walking into work and so many are overweight. It makes me sad we take care of others before ourselves.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Not a nurse, just office staff for a group of surgeons. But I would love to support anyone in the medical field!
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Phlebotomist/lab assistant here from Washington state. I work in the lab at a small rural hospital and specialty clinic up here. My prior occupation was working in one of our many sawmills up here and I never had any problems keeping my weight in check, but since I injured my back and went back to school to learn phlebotomy...I have packed on 100+ pounds. I have lost 68 of it so far with another 50 to go, but I seem to have lost the initial enthusiasm I had when I first started. Could use some encouragement and support. So add me if you would like an accountability buddy.
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Nurse here, have 35 pounds to lose! Did MICU for 5 years, did traveling nursing for 5 years, now do step- down and med- surg, 2 shifts per week!
  • mrbmlt
    mrbmlt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new. I am currently working as a RT (R) (CT) in a small rural radiology department. I also have worked as a Medical Lab Tech at the same hospital. I need to lose 115 lbs. so all the support I can get will be appreciated.
  • jpoutney
    jpoutney Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Lactation Consultant (with an RN degree and L&D background). My mom passed and my thyroid took a nosedive so trying to lose all the weight I put on with that (emotional eater here for sure). Wanting to make good food that the kids will eat so they will take that with them into adulthood. I have 3 girls.