2016 reports

Options
Are we all keeping our new year's resolutions to stay on our diets?

It's day 4 for me here in Tokyo, and I've been on my diet all year so far! :)

I'm down 1.4 kg (3.1 lb) so far this year, 17.6 kg (38.7 lb) total since starting.

I'm trying to reverse a "rebound" that's been going on for over a year now. I'm determined not to regain all I've lost, and to continue in a positive direction.

doug

Replies

• douglerner
    douglerner Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well, I finished day 4 (of 2016) successfully. But - I'm still hungry. Yet I have no calories left. :(
  • douglerner
    Options
    Day five. Currently down 1.2 kg (2.6 lb) for the year so far. Don't know why I've gained weight the last couple of days. I've been good.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Stick with it Doug. You'll have your ups and downs but you know if you stay under calories at the end of the month you'll have lost. Great job so far!!!
  • douglerner
    Options
    Thanks. I'm sticking with it. Just finished day 5. The main problem is that I always feel like eating. I'm having second thoughts about going vegan + non-oil this time because of it. I suspect all the high glycemic carbs (despite the fact I'm eating whole foods only, and not refined foods) are triggering appetite urges. I probably need to either eliminate the worst triggers (rice?) or maybe replace some things with lean chicken and fish to quell my appetite.

But I'm still sticking with it. Haven't gone off my diet all year so far. :)
  • douglerner
    Options
    Day 6 - minus 1.0 kg.

Except for the first day I have gained weight every day even though I've stuck to my calories! I'm making an adjustment today in *what* I eat. I think rice is killing me.
  • FriedBob
    FriedBob Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On 1/1/2016 I was 271. Been active, and more or less stuck to my eating plan, and despite being over in kcal each day I was 261 this morning, and my wife noticed a difference tonight.

And while I know this whoosh of loss is just water, it still feels really good.

As for how? I've kept carbs under 75 net grams, and in the 20-30g range most days.
  • douglerner
    Options
    That's great, FriedBob.

I'm depressed. After 6 days in 2016 I was bad today and had lots of things I should not have eaten. I'm afraid to check the scale tomorrow. My new year's resolution is now broken. I'm down.

I guess I'll try again starting in the morning. but I can no longer say I've been on my diet all year. :(
  • douglerner
    Options
    But I lost weight anyway, and am down 1.8 kg (4 lb) for the year now!
  • reachingunder120
    reachingunder120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    douglerner wrote: »
    That's great, FriedBob.

I'm depressed. After 6 days in 2016 I was bad today and had lots of things I should not have eaten. I'm afraid to check the scale tomorrow. My new year's resolution is now broken. I'm down.

I guess I'll try again starting in the morning. but I can no longer say I've been on my diet all year. :(

It can be hard when you feel like you fell off the wagon. Today and the day before yesterday are the only two days I've stuck to my goals so far :(
  • douglerner
    Options
    I'm being ok again. Down 2.0 kg (4.4 lb) so far in 2016!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That happens to me too where I'll blow it and then have lost weight the next day. My thinking is that I was in too much of a calorie deficit and finally I started eating everything because I'm so hungry, and go over. But because I'd been under so much for a few days I lost weight. I upped my calories after I did this a lot on candy in December.
  • douglerner
    Options
    How is everybody doing so far in 2016? My weight still fluctuates, but I have been good, and am still down 1.4 kg (3.1 lb) so far this year, on January 11.
  • douglerner
    Options
    Agh! I am now heavier than I was on January 1st. Back to strict calorie counting. In fact I haven't been this heavy since August, 2012! Agh!
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it doug!! I've been fluctuating since end of November but finally being consistent with it...feel like I've got the right mindset and plan now. Excited to see how this goes!