10 lbs wont go away

Options
I am trying to get rid of 10 lbs. But every time i get close i start wanting to go out and end up starting all over again and again.i do strength training and i am a certified personal trainer(or will be as soonas i submit my cpr certification) so i know what to do i just want to kick myself for yoyoing so much.anyway i got a fitbit hr for a gift and i would like people to add to my list so i can more less compete with others to push harder and not keep up this crazy ridiculousness.lol also i am 49 and looking for others in this age group as well.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Buy a digital food scale. Weigh and log ALL your food. Keep your calories at a deficit. Weight loss happens by eating less calories than you burn. Exercise is a bonus. If you only have to lose 10 pounds, you are going to have to be spot on with your calories. No room for error. You can only do that by using a food scale.
  • lagalton
    lagalton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh i have a scale and everything else.i just sabotage myself too often.so close yet so far away.i am competitive and i think if someone says i walked 10,000 steps today i would do 11,000.i need to work more toward working off the cheat foods if i cant just eat right all the time.
  • lagalton
    Options
    And i thank you for your reply
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I think you know the answer to your own question. Eat more protein to keep you feel full and eat a deficit. All the exercise in the world won't help you until you eat right (per everyone I've talked to). Good luck because I'm in the same boat.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    lagalton wrote: »
    Oh i have a scale and everything else.i just sabotage myself too often.so close yet so far away.i am competitive and i think if someone says i walked 10,000 steps today i would do 11,000.i need to work more toward working off the cheat foods if i cant just eat right all the time.

I have no experience with a fitbit although some of my MFP friends find them extremely motivating when included in a group. However rather than thinking of things as cheat foods why not plan your week to include them. Concentrate on nutrient dense foods at those times when you are at home and happy to weigh and log them but at a slightly reduced calorie goal to allow for those treats a few days per week (make sure you get adequate nutrition though)
  • lagalton
    Options
    Great advice thanks everyone
  • lagalton
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    I think you know the answer to your own question. Eat more protein to keep you feel full and eat a deficit. All the exercise in the world won't help you until you eat right (per everyone I've talked to). Good luck because I'm in the same boat.

Thanks for the feedback