Skipped Breakfast...

Options
egoheen
egoheen Posts: 24 Member
Now I know that I have a lot of obstacles that stand in my way of losing weight quickly. First, I'm an extraordinarily picky eater so it's hard to eat "new" things. Second, my schedule is so crazy that sometimes I don't "have time" to eat. Third, I'm just lazy half the time.

So my question today is this: it's 10:30 and I woke up a bit ago. It's not really breakfast or lunch. Do I eat an early lunch and then eat dinner and keep it at two meals? Or do I eat a light breakfast, a late lunch, and a late dinner?

I decided today just to make some shrimp and fruit, eat a super small lunch, and then eat dinner.

Replies

• clean115
    clean115 Posts: 59
    Options
    You'll be ok as long as you keep under your limit
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Well eat something now. You can have a brunch, snack, and a dinner , snack or lite breakfast, regular lunch and then a light dinner with a snack later. whatever you do dont eat til you are full.
  • 87beckyRN
    87beckyRN Posts: 34
    Options
    I would try to do 3 meals. I think your plan sounds good.
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    I would eat breakfast now... then in about 3 hours eat a light lunch, and then at a normal dinner time, eat dinner! :) You don't want to skip meals. Doing so will make you want to eat everything in sight because you'll be so hungry!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You should be eating 3 - 5 times a day, regardless of what time it is.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It doesnt matter. Just because you wake up late doesnt mean you should wait until "lunchtime" to eat. You should eat within an hour or two of waking up regarless of the time. And it doesnt matter if you eat a breakfast food or not. Just eat something healthy. In a few hours have a snack....and a few hours after that eat something again, whether its another snack or more of a meal. You didn't miss breakfast because you woke up late!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I always eat about 10:30. It sometimes is a weight watchers frozen lunch.....and sometimes I eat 1 cup of cereal. Just eat something. I feel better when I start my day then.....because then my meals are closer and I feel like Im eating all day. I do eat three meals...though. : ) BEst of luck!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You should probably eat 3-5 small meals a day.. the time frame doesnt really matter but I try not to eat too late at night for the last meal and make that one a lighter meal.. There are plenty of things you can grab that are healthy if you dont have time to make a meal. such as fruit and veggies.. protein bars, almonds if you are looking for calories. Plan ahead and ziplock things to have ready for those... emergency-now i gotta leave in a hurry and dont have time to eat. If you are here to lose weight then you must have time to eat at least the wrong foods. substitute the stopping at the drive thru to taking something with you. get a little cooler and put it in the car with you.
    Any roadblock you can put up the people here will be able to help you knock down and give you ways around it.

Good luck!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Now I know that I have a lot of obstacles that stand in my way of losing weight quickly. First, I'm an extraordinarily picky eater so it's hard to eat "new" things. Second, my schedule is so crazy that sometimes I don't "have time" to eat. Third, I'm just lazy half the time.

So my question today is this: it's 10:30 and I woke up a bit ago. It's not really breakfast or lunch. Do I eat an early lunch and then eat dinner and keep it at two meals? Or do I eat a light breakfast, a late lunch, and a late dinner?

I decided today just to make some shrimp and fruit, eat a super small lunch, and then eat dinner.

No you should be eating 3 meals and 2-3 snacks every day, or 4-5 smaller meals every day. I typically eat every 2-3 hours starting with eating within 15 minutes of waking up.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/264970-how-to-speed-up-my-metabolism

i always eat breakfast even if i don't want it on a bad morning its weetabix and hot milk because its easy to get down
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I eat about 5 times a day, none of them are really full meals other then dinner. I also try not to eat until about 11am because then I seem not to be as hungry throughout the day as when I eat early. Eating small meals when your hungry insteadof tryng to classify your meals as breakfast,lunch,dinner may work good for you, give it a try!
  • KeiKeiStar
    KeiKeiStar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When it comes to meal planning you should eat within 2 hours of waking (whenever that is). And you should eat every 4-5 hours after then. You should either plan snacks if you cant go that long or eat enough (but not too much) at each meal to hold you to the next meal.

No one likes to be hungry and when you get hungry you will eat the first thing you see. This is why really small meals can backfire. They are okay if you have a suitable snack. Also 4 small meals a day works. I just cant legistically work it into my schedule because I am work at the time when there should be a third meal and by the time I am home and cooked, its fourth meal time. So I generally have a snack for third meal time.

Its important to eat regularly because when you skip meals your metabolism goes to sleep

Good luck
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is the first hour usually....and if that's a weekend, it's really late. If it's a weekday, it's at 6:30 am because I get up at 4:40 am.

I'm a firm believer that you should eat "something" first thing in the morning, even if it's toast and a hard boiled egg.

I eat 6 times a day.
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

You should eat MORE than 2-3 times. Your metabolism will be slower than it could be optimally. When you skip meals or fast for long hours like that you don't do your diet justice. I eat ~5 times with a few hundred calories every few hours.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if youre hungry, eat something.
    If youre not hungry, then wait till lunch.

dont eat just for the sake of it

10.30 is still morning, so id still count it as breakfast.
  • egoheen
    egoheen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I try to stay on a schedule because (1) it's easier for me not to stray and (2) during the school year I teach so I'm on a schedule whether I like it or not and (3) Byetta.

First meal of the day is eaten and man was it delicious!