195lbs down to 154lbs :) With Pictures

Options
2»

Replies

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Where's the Like button when you need it? Well done!
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thank you for the wonderful success story #stillhope
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    How long did it take to lose the weight

I sincerely began trying to lose weight around spring of 2014. So About a year and a half. I wasn't super hardcore I just let things become more organic for me.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful, Amelie! I'm currently at the same weight as at your starting weight, with a near-identical goal weight as your CW. Did you use MFP to keep track of what you were eating, or were you just making a conscious effort to stay as healthy as possible?

Thank you for the brilliant inspiration/motivation you'll give to me and others!

For me It all began with health concerns. I had a lot of blood in my stool. I was having a lot of throat problems from acid reflux. So my doctor suggested eating less and eating better. Staying away from acidic things and heavy foods like bread. I had honestly thought I had cancer of something because of how bad I was feeling. So I ended up sticking to the gluten free/ no acidic foods thing and it helped me immensely. I do eat some bread here and there because I honestly love it. ( im Italian, not having pasta might kill me ) I did weird stuff like keep lunchables around for post workout snacks and to eat in the AM. Since i work thirds I find myself hungry when I get off work. So I try to eat something really small after my workout.

As far as exercise goes.. I live in central VA. I make it a point to go hiking at least once a week. Normally a sunday. I like to put myself out in situations where I have to follow through, otherwise im not gonna get home if I dont, haha.

I ran mostly in the beginning but I started lifting , squats, dead lifts, circuit training...like tire flips and hammer throws.

im currently trying to heal a leg of mine that I seem to have hurt. I think I pulled something. My advice is give yourself rest time too. I get so into my workouts that I would try to go twice a day for a week straight. You can't do that though.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    magicsd wrote: »
    thank you for the wonderful success story #stillhope

Always hope. Once you leave your comfort zone, things get better.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    SarBear00b wrote: »
    Love it! I'm 5'5 also and just around 200 lbs. I've already started my weight training but you're right, diet is key. You look beautiful so congrats on your success. Love the pinup hair style btw. =)

Thank you! Great music helps any workout become better, make things fun! Don't be afraid to go on hikes or even inline skate. You gotta change your physical activity otherwise your body will get used to what you are doing and it wont react as well. you got this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!