just counting calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I only count calories. I do not exercise. I may eventually exercise, but I'll need to be very close to my goal weight before I even attempt it. Exercise does terrible things to my appetite. If I burn 600, I'll eat 1200 or worse, and I end up fat/fit. Now, if I lose it all THEN exercise. Not so bad cause I'm already skinny.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It's not just "enough"...being in a calorie deficit, and counting calories to help you do so is HOW YOU LOSE WEIGHT.
  • Garthweightlosspal
    Garthweightlosspal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    salty134 wrote: »
    Hiya. Seen some great posts on here. Has anyone lost weight just through counting calories. (I know exercise will help massively) but just wondered if calorie counting could be enough to lose weight? ? Keep up the good work all

I've lost 31 pounds so far calorie counting alone, and I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle at the moment.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Needed to read this, was becoming discouraged. Have to do better with calories!! :) Thanks for sharing!!
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    67 lbs down... with an extremely sedentary lifestyle and calorie counting only... I only recently started climbing the stairs and being a teeny bit more active overall, but only because I feel enough energy to do it.
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I hate exercise lol. I lost around 30 pounds on just counting. (5'7" SW: 180 lb)

After that I had to incorporate a little exercise to get things moving. Mostly just more walking. Treadmill here and there.

Now (at 135 lb) I exercise/lift 2-3 times a week, since my last 10 are becoming harder to lose on just a deficit due to a smaller BMR... But hey, it's good for me I guess.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!