Belly fat, losing weight, eating

Options
Hi guys! I'm really struggling. This time last year I weight 140 lbs. currently I weigh 161 lbs. it's very uncomfortable for me because it's all going to my stomach area, my face is completely filled out, and I'm becoming insecure about it. I work second shift and find it hard to eat healthy because of that. I try to come up with plans and I find myself making excuses and not sticking to it. I was on the depo shot and thought that's what made me gain weight. Please someone help me. I am looking for a weigh to lose weight fast but safe.

Replies

• nbliss86
    nbliss86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what are you doing for work? Is the depo shot the only thing that changed in the time frame of your weight gain?
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    More likely your changed eating habits you blame on shift work than the shot. I lost 40-ish pounds while on depo. Fast but safe? Set your goal on MFP to lose .5-1 pound a week. Lift lots of heavy weights. Measure and count everything you eat. It will happen, I promise you. The most important part is sticking to it. Making excuses, as you have seen, will defeat your goal.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    There is not a thing that "makes" you gain weight outside of eating to much. Medicine can effect your hunger or activity levels. Some illnesses can reduce your calories out but it still comes down to just eat less.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    When I went on birth control my gynecologic told me I would be hungrier than usual and that would cause me to gain weight. I tried to ignore it as much as possible and it worked.
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Here's a good thread for you:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871

Follow the Fierce 5 routine. Cardio is optional. Good luck!