Shirataki Noodles??

Options
Has anyone heard of shirataki noodles? If so...is it a good substitution for pasta and tool for weight loss?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    They're repulsive imho
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I eat them in a deficit, maintenance, or surplus. I love them. You MUST not only rinse them, but dry fry them before you eat them. I get both the traditional japanese noodles and the ones in most grocery stores, which have tofu added. The tofu ones need to be dry fried even better than traditional. I think they retain more water.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    i like the red lentil or black bean pasta i get at costco. yummy and great nutritional value. just don't overcook it.
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Not a good replacement for pasta. Excellent in the Asian dishes they're meant to go in! Just remember to rinse because they have that fishy smell.
  • wongapb
    wongapb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take Shirataki noodles as a substitute in normal noodles or pasta dishes. It's a really great low carb alternative for when you crave a noodle based meal. Boil and drain the shirataki, then you can add your bolognese sauce over it aka spaghetti bolognese, or you can stir fry it with some meat, veg and eggs to make chow mein. You can even dump it in soup to make noodle soup. There's loads of recipes on the internet for low carb shirataki noodles. I love 'em!
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    They are not a pasta replacement at all. No cooperation whatsoever between shirataki and sauces. They do work well with Asian dishes or fried/sauteed with veg or diced/shredded meat.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I use them for all my sauces in place of pasta or rice.

Rinse a lot. Then boil and drain. All the smell goes away and they will soak up all the sauce you put on them.

Love love love them.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like them, use them primarily with stir fries. Rinse then very, very well.