Evening snack

Options
I crave for something spicy and sugary. I try to follow a no sugar or very less sugar diet during the day, but by the end of the day I have this craving for some fried stuff or sugary treats. Could anyone help me by suggesting some corrective measures.

Replies

• utahmomof10
    utahmomof10 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a protein bar in a yummy flavor? I like the Quest ones and they have flavors like mint chocolate chunk and double fudge brownie. They help curb a sweet tooth, but have good stuff in them, plus it gives a nice boost to my protein intake.
  • cattfield7
    cattfield7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I save enough calories at night for a couple squares of 85% dark chocolate. I look forward to it every day. It helps keep the cravings at bay & I love love love it.
  • sjabbar3151
    sjabbar3151 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can eat a little more during mid afternoon but has to be healthy foods. ow about using seasalt with baked sweet potato?
  • innogen
    innogen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a little packet of cream cheese with Splenda and cinnamon. Or a little peanut butter and cream cheese. Maybe that's weird, but it works for me.
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese with cinnamon mixed in.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Smart pop microwaved 100 cal bag of kettle corn
    Good fiber and high volume of food
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I like to finish off the day with a glass of red wine and a handful of sweetened nuts.
  • jmh_90
    jmh_90 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like flavoured rice cakes. The Quaker brand has multiples choices from caramel chocolate chips to white cheddar
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Usually I'll brush my teeth about an hour after dinner to curb snacking (nothing tastes good after toothpaste), but if I want something sweet after dinner I go for a 0-calorie fizzy drink. Right now I really like the diet Cape Cod dry cranberry soda. It's just what I need to take the edge off.