Foods you love and hate

Options
13»

Replies

• Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Tuna melts are one of my favorites!! On the topic of sandwiches, I really hate rubens - they are everything I hate combined into one sandwich. Blech!

Non-sandwich-foods:
    Love: Avocado, swordfish and runny eggs
    Hate: Olives, mayo and raspberries
  • stranger2310
    stranger2310 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love: swede, really 'gummy' dates, anything Asian (Thai, Indian, Japanese, Vietnamese, and especially Chinese; I cook a lot from Fuschia Dunlop's cookbooks and think they're brilliant), big bowls of white rice, jam roly poly and rice pudding, mushrooms. I love most foods, to be honest!

Hate: I don't think there's anything I 'hate' - it's more like I wouldn't choose to eat something if I had a choice. Tuna steaks don't do it for me, nor does the thought of moussaka (maybe that's just a bad school dinner memory), or raisins that are really gritty.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Love: Everything except what's below!

Hate: Squid, shellfish (except prawns and scallops), carrots, olives, spaghetti bolognese, lamb, mustard, pickles, celery, cauliflower
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Love: chocolate, chips, pasta
    Hate: anything that involves olives or rye bread
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Love: salmon, peanut butter & (good) pizza
    Hate: liver, cilantro
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I used to hate cilantro, too. With a sincere passion. Was one of the people it tastes like Palmolive dish soap to.

Note the past tense. Apparently your taste buds can change on this one since mine did in my late 30s. I don't seek it out, but I now use it in a few recipes calling for it where I used to omit it (e.g., salsas, enchiladas, steak tacos, etceteras).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I love pizza and hate wasabi. And celery, bleh.
  • chuber15
    chuber15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of salted/pickled things. I have a hard time eating most cured or deli meats.
    I could eat cheese all day; but not cheddar. I guess I am low risk for gout then, haha.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Love cheese but it doesnt love me back ( hate peanut butter cups reeses especially but any combination of pb and chocolate is bleurgh to me
    Hazelnut and chocolate is another story
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love guavas, melons, dragon fruit, apples, all sorts of fruit basically. Chocolate, except for the minty kinds and chocolate + fruit combination which I hate. Hummus. Big salads, vegetables, Italian style pizza, sandwiches! My favorite food is frozen yoghurt. All healthy except that I go overboard with chocolate, and I absolutely can't be near cereal, I can finish a whole box in one sitting. I also like soft boiled or poached eggs.

I can't stand beets, most types of meat, especially red meat. I don't like oily dishes, mayo, all kinds of potatoes, even potato chips. Shellfish. Bacon, meatballs, processed meat products. I don't like Thai food, it's grassy, fishy, soupy and spicy. Vietnamese food, Indonesian food. Eastern European food (too much meat), French food, Spanish food. Can't stand Chinese food. It's generalizing and there is definitely some things from French cuisine that I love but I would never choose to eat at a French or Spanish restaurant. Not crazy about pasta. I don't like cheese much, except maybe on pizza but it has to have other toppings to overpower the cheese.

I am sooo incredibly picky!
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I LOVE black olives and I HATE celery :)
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    parfia wrote: »
    I LOVE black olives and I HATE celery :)

I believe Satan put celery on this earth to trick us. It's so freaking nasty! !!! Love beetroot :) and cheese....