Meal ideas (please share)

Would like to know what everybodys favourite meals are on this journey? To get an insight of meal ideas too.

Replies

• cellae
    cellae Posts: 1 Member
    I LOVE making chicken stir-fry. It's easy and delicious. You can fill yourself up completely on chicken and veggies for way under 500 calories, usually under 400 for me. Note that I do not have rice or noodles with mine, so if you add those the calorie count will spike dramatically.

My daily lunch is the same 90% of the time: light soup (120 - 200 calories) and a tuna sandwich (~150 calories). To keep the count low on the sandwich, I use Pepperidge Farm light breads (45 cal/slice) and do not add mayonnaise to the tuna. Just tuna, onion powder, salt, pepper, tomato and fresh spinach. This comes out to less than 300 calories most of the time and is totally filling.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Most of my meals are 300-400 calories and have the basic structure of Grain/Starch + Legume + Veggie + Nuts/Avocado/Oil.

Lentils and rice with kale; roasted tofu and root veggies with brussels sprouts; pasta and beans with frozen veggies, salsa and guacamole; peanut soup with eggplant and flour tortillas; potatoes with cauliflower and chickpeas; peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on ezekiel bread.
  • mizz_bizzle
    mizz_bizzle Posts: 7 Member
    Wow you guys food sound so delishhh :p
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Recently I've been loving a huge plate of steamed veggies as a part of my dinner. I'll add some sort of protein to it usually, be it cheese, tofu, beans or something like that. You can experiment with so many different veggies and you can eat a lot of them for very low calories. o:)

Another super low calorie but hearty and filling food is definitely lentil soup.

Also some of my staple foods are stuff like cottage cheese and greek yogurt...