Share Your Low Calorie Snacks

Options
I tend to snack a LOT, especially late at night. Please share some of your favorite low calorie snacks to me. Easy, minimal recipes would be fantastic as well!

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Baby cucumbers, cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, berries, air popped popcorn, herbal tea, Greek yoghurt, hard boiled eggs.
  • RachelHargett1
    RachelHargett1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've become a big fan of Veggie Straws. They're crunchy and come in a tasty Ranch flavor that isn't too processed or high calorie. There are also single serving bags available that are great for grabbing on the go.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,049 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    8oz can of mushrooms pieces and stems (drained) eaten with chopsticks. Only 60 cals and keeps my hands busy for 30 min or more.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Turkey pepperoni is a big fav of mine - you get 16 slices for about 70 calories and lots of protein! I'll have that with a cheese stick seomtimes. Hard boiled eggs, air popped popcorn, pretzel things with FF cream cheese, cucumbers/carrots dipped in hummus!
  • Slugsasarus
    Slugsasarus Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

Carrots with Hummus
    Hard boiled egg
    Handful of Almonds
    Whole wheat bread with almond butter and a drizzle of honey
    Plain greek yogurt with a bit of homemade granola and raspberries
    Edamame

IF I'm not sure if I'm actually hungry, I drink a big glass of water or a cup of tea and wait 15 minutes to see if my body was just thirsty instead.

Good luck!
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I mix Greek yogurt with a half cup frozen mixed berries, a little bit of water, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Good as is, or you can freeze it for an ice cream like treat.

Also, a couple of tablespoons of pico de gallo mixed in with a half cup cottage cheese.

1 small banana mashed into one whole egg, add a tiny bit of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon. Spray a skillet with nonstick spray, cook over medium heat until "flippable" (like a pancake). Cook on other side until consistency is solid enough to remove from pan in one piece.

Packets of tuna are great, and they come in flavors now. A half a grapefruit. Hard boiled egg.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Total and berries, a baked banana with cinnamon, any fruit, wholewheat toast with one poached egg on it!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been having fat free greek yoghurt mixed with cocoa and low cal sweetener, only 100 odd cals, maybe 200 odd with fruit.
  • marijkeco
    marijkeco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love rice crackers with a bit of hummus or avocado spread over it. Doesn't go over 40kcal per cracker I believe! Don't forget the salt and pepper!
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Total and berries, a baked banana with cinnamon, any fruit, wholewheat toast with one poached egg on it!

wow baked banana sounds awesome! got a few sitting in cupboard which will go to waste, so gonna have that tonight

my go to fix is a protein shake or 1 or 2 squares of dark chocolate the higher % of cacoa the better.
  • cindybgood
    cindybgood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of Matcha and a bit of honey. High in protein and very filling.