50 pounds in 5 months?

Options
2»

Replies

• Crazyfighter99
    Crazyfighter99 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you do then you're probably going to lose more than just fat.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Yes, it depends on how much OP has to lose. If only 50, then it's not a reasonable expectation, but she can get a long way toward the goal and feel great. If much more, than perhaps.

+1

OP, eat at a reasonable deficit that you can maintain and even if you don't hit 50 you'll be a whole lot closer in 5 months than you are now!
  • nmyhope01
    nmyhope01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost about that in six months. No starving and no working out. Ate out 3-4 meals a month with no restrictions but stayed on plan the rest of the time. For the last 50 I'm working out more, trying to get more fit overall.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes.

Healthy and sustainable? Likely not.

Exceptions: starting out at morbid obesity or having such an atrocious diet to begin with that it is easy to make major cuts.
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds in a little under 10 months. I ate yummy food, worked out when i could, and drank a *kitten* load of water. I started at around 249. I'm back here again because some horrid life events and crippling depression undid all the hard work I put in. I'm hoping for similar results this time, even though I don't have quite as much to lose.
  • level3tjg
    level3tjg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 in less than 2 months. I am trying to lose 50 by May... so pretty much in the same boat. I feel like I can do it though.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I lost about that much in 5 months. I had about 70-80 to lose. I was definitely not starving myself or being unhealthy. I'm down 77 now, the weight loss slowed down quite a bit once I got to around 60 lbs lost or so.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's possible as others have stated. I'm at 24lbs in 3 months and that's after pigging out over the holiday season. Stay focused but not too hard on yourself and you will reach your goals.
  • XXMISFITGIRLXX
    XXMISFITGIRLXX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs in 5 months, however I was on the prescription medication Contrave, I still counted calories and worked out everday. I haven't been on it since October and gained 10 lbs, but I am confident that I can lose it, I realized my wrong doings.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It depends. If you have 300 pounds to lose, 10 pounds a month for a while is not unrealistic. If you have 60 pounds to lose, you may see 8-10 each during the first month or two, but then it will slow down most likely.
    Is it possible?

I don't intend to starve myself or do anything drastic... just lot's of hard work and dedication!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    My other half has lost 22lbs in two months and I have lost 15lbs.

I believe anything is possible.

Am I remembering correctly that you are on a VLCD?
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 lbs. in just shy of two months, but I started at 245 (5'5"). I'm not doing anything heroic. Now, I don't have any idea how fast the next 22 will come off; I may already have seen the most dramatic loss rate I'm likely to get. As long as I'm making progress, I'm happy. Faster would be more fun to see, obviously, but I have to balance that against my ability to keep doing what I need to do. If something's truly unpleasant, I'm not likely to keep it up for month after month, so we'll see.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    The slower the weight comes off, the healthier and more sustainable it will be. Why the deadline?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Doubtful, but it all depends upon your stats.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    If done properly (healthy and sustainable), I'd say 25 to 30 is more realistic.
  • Editme12
    Editme12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! It depends on how much you have to lose to start with. It's hard for any of us to say the possibility let alone the plausibility.

I want to lose 20 pounds by late May. I'm 160 now, so it is POSSIBLE, but I know myself and I know it's not so plausible. (I had Chili's tonight XP). I'm just planning to track, exercise, and see where that lands me.

Good luck to you!