New and scared!

Options
Hi! I've just joined here :happy: and I'm a mixture of excited and scared!

I've got about 3 stone to loose and really need to change my eating habits. My son is 2yrs old now and I've still not lost the dreaded baby weight.

I've been doing pilates once a week to build up strength.

Anyone else starting today with a similar amount to loose?

Claire
x

Replies

• mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started on this site 2 weeks ago, but started trying to lose weight 2 months ago. I've lost more since being on this site than I ever did on my own !! I have 120 lbs to lose. I'm not sure how that translates to stones, but best of luck to you either way! Let's be friends on here so we can go through the craziness together!! :)
  • samanthamaney
    Options
    Hi there! How much is 3 stone? I need to lose around 25 pounds! I have a 4 month old. We can help each other! Good luck!

ps I started yesterday!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yep - I have/had about 35 lbs (or more) to lose. I think that = about 17kg. You can do it!
  • rodacious1
    Options
    Just started yesterday and I mentally prepared myself before starting. I took two days to enjoy some favorite foods so I wouldn't miss them. My first day went smoothly with a few thoughts of ice cream but I made it through by enjoying a yogurt. Good luck!
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi & Welcome!

This site is GREAT. You fill find lots of support, guidance and information here.

I'll be here 30 days the 17th and it's be AWESOME so far. I've lost 10 lbs and can already feel changes in my toning. Better yet is the feeling of confidence I'm getting back. And even better than that, I look at food differently which was huge for me.

There's a lot of information in the messages boards. I read them daily. Reading the success stories people post really keep me going. There are some pretty amazing transformations out there that are living proof you can do it.

My advice is this....don't be afraid to push yourself. I didn't think I could do a lot of things physically. I didn't think I was in good enough shape to run. And I'd like to do a 5k someday. Within 30 days, I'm running 20 minutes on my treadmill and even running outdoors some (which is harder). I got there by pushing myself and ignoring the voice that told me to quit. I figure if Biggest Loser contestants can run at 300lbs +, I can. You can do that with any exercise. When you push the body, it adapts. I couldn't believe the difference I noticed after 2 weeks. I could already tell it was getting easier. That's what kept me going. You can see big changes just in 30 days...imagine what you could do with a couple months. This is what keeps me going...and seeing great results.

Good luck!!
  • davers79
    davers79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome :-)

x
  • csccrest
    csccrest Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello! Your topic name is exactly what I feel. I have about the same weight loss as you too. Since April I've gone done 18 pounds.
    MFPal has REALLY helped me to be accountable for myself for once in my life. I have 2 babies, ages 1 1/2 and 2 1/2. The beginning of this year I was so sick and my family off and on.. I knew something had to change. I found a personal trainer whom comes to my home 3x's a week and I do the other days myself. I started at 1800 cal and now I'm at 1600. It has been hard. I cry when I go to bed because Food has ALWAYS been my friend. I've really had to get to my inside soul to look within me and get all of these feelings out. It's been hard. You can do it! Get through your feelings and do A LOT of self-care. Rewarding each week with small goals is becomming my motivation. Besides my babies, husband and myself. I figure, heck, I'm working so hard.... I better be getting something other than food for a treat!! lol :) Anyways, maybe we can help each other or if you have any questions.. let me know, if I can help. I have finally found a angel of a trainer whom doesn't make me feel bad, judge me, tell me I have demons in me. She is the real deal and has been a life send. In my life noone has ever said to me.. you can do better. I know you can. She has and especially in a loving, supportive, confident way. I wish you luck, strength, courage and support. It's the hardest thing we do, but is needed to live long and to be their for our love ones.

Carolyn :):flowerforyou:
  • deanadimples
    Options
    Just started yesterday and I mentally prepared myself before starting. I took two days to enjoy some favorite foods so I wouldn't miss them. My first day went smoothly with a few thoughts of ice cream but I made it through by enjoying a yogurt. Good luck!

There are some great alternative foods out there. I don't feel like I'm missing anything after a month. The other day I was thinking about something, and it didn't entice me. I didn't want it for the right reasons, it simply wasn't worth it. It wouldn't taste as good knowing that it goes against my new way of thinking.

I LOVE ice cream...and I mean... L O V E.....but, the Skinny Cow brand stuff is REALLY GOOD and not super high calories. It doesn't feel "diety" at all!
  • supershrink
    Options
    Get rid of the 'scared' and get confident. Don't give it a choice, I didn't............:devil:
  • supershrink
    Options
    Get rid of the 'scared' and get confident. Don't give it a choice, I didn't............:devil:
  • deanadimples
    Options

Great advice. For me....it was taking a good hard look in the mirror, literally.

That and I was tired of not doing things, going places, because I DREADED being seen. Going out with friends, going out w/ bf, I'd never go to a water park, etc. I LOVE WATER PARKS! My fat was keeping me from enjoying something I love in life. I was copping out. A social butterfly going into a cocoon of wanting to be alone. I stopped making excuses and started sweating. And I stopped food being the focus of my day and made ME the focus.

I will see a water park this year. And I'm going to have a blast with my kids.