First day of the rest of my life

Options
Hi,
I'm new to this site! I'm excited and scared to death!!! My whole life I've taken care of everyone else around me and I've decided its my turn! Any words of wisdom would be great! I'm walking in a 10k in September and I'm super excited.

Replies

• ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    just remember, you are worth it and if you want it bad enough......you will achieve it! you have it in you...you just have to dig deep and find it! it's there!
    wonderful place here with lots of encouraging and motivating people. great recipes and success stories!
    make your goals and then achieve them! good luck!
  • skizzizme
    skizzizme Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome! This site is "Simply Maaa-velous". It is easy to stay focused and motivated. Good luck with your 10k!

7034275.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I have been here a few weeks and have really enjoyed all the motivation. I too have put my own health and self on the back burner for so many years. Often I catch myself mid day and think, "what have I done for myself today" and that is why I am here. I found this app on my cell and then follwed up on the computer cite... LOVE IT and it is amazing. Good luck to you and be strong.
  • StephanieStarke
    Options
    This site is fantastic! I have been on a few diet programs in my life, but this is the first time I have been completely confident that I can lose and maintain for the rest of my life. Give yourself time to master the routine of using it-it's not hard, and gets easier and easier. I would recommend the Taste of Home Comfort Foods Diet cookbook. It has a ton of low calorie, great tasting recipes that are easy to prepare and great for a family. Good luck! Stick with it!
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have only been around about a week. Everyone here is so encouraging and helpful. Just stick with it. You should be able to walk that 10K in September no problem. Here is a like to a walking program that might help you get ready http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/a/blhowschedule.htm