My Journey!! On Contrave, anyone else?

Options
2»

Replies

• crochetpaws
    crochetpaws Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i just started taking contrave yesterday! i am hoping for great results. today i have noticed that i am not interested in snacking like i used to be. i really hope this will be what it takes for me to finally lose weight.
  • ssharp2005
    ssharp2005 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just took my first pill today...
  • margybuono
    margybuono Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am and I don't feel bad about admitting it. I have dropped almost 16 pounds since mid-June. I have had no interest in sugar or carbs so I think that is Contrave hitting the pleasure center of brain where previously it might have been a bit of sugar here and there. I work out 5 days a week and have really changed how I eat. It's working for me and I've had no ill side effects. It's a lifestyle change and I think once I reach my ultimate goal weight I'll be able to maintain because I've worked on making those changes and not just speeding up my metabolism and not eating.
  • Alpha0201
    Alpha0201 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a total thyroidectomy last September and my body went haywire. In the process I gained weight because my body wasn't regulated. I was on a controlled diet of 1200 calories and still gained. It was crazy. Anyhoo... My Endo regulated me and put me on Contrave to give me a jump start. I have taken it since April and I have lost about 16 pounds. I don't like thinking about food. Sleep? I've never slept well. One side effect that I experienced in the beginning was terrible stomach aches. It went away but now I notice depending on what I eat....if I want to eat....I get sick or in other words horrible stomach pains. Anyone else experience anything like this?
  • KayLynn702
    KayLynn702 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds on my own without any pills, but then hit a huge plateau and my doctor suggested we try contrave for a couple months. I started with one pill in the AM and one in the PM and the side effects I experienced were dizziness and tunnel vision almost to the point where I was scared to drive, I was in a constant fog! I workout 5-6x a week (3 with a trainer) and not so worried about the calories I eat but my carb intake. I lost 5 pounds in the first week and then nothing...

I stopped taking it and for the past week I've literally ate everything in sight! I'm terrified to get on the scale - trying to get back on track and I hope that contrave is out of my system.
  • gloriza
    gloriza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started taking Contrave about 7 weeks ago. I started having side effects from day 1, but ignored the symptoms hoping they would go away. I increased the dose gradually and when i got to 4 pills a day the symptoms got extremely worst. Finally about 2 weeks into 4x a day I stopped taking them. I am now on day 2 of not taking them and i am feeling better. I was constantly in a fog, fatigued, dizzy, dry mouth, metallic taste in mouth, diarrhea, restlessness, tremors, nausea, headaches .. I was a mess. I lost 10 lbs on it and i was always hungry but did not want to eat. I craved fruits and vegetables and would get sick if i ate anything too sweet. I am 40 years old, work out 4x a week and walk about 3 miles a day. I am also vegan, but have an extreme hard time losing weight. I need to lose 20 lbs . Mind you i gained 20 lbs within a year. I am healthy and doctors can't figure out what is wrong. They say my thyroid is fine. I eat approximately 1300 calories a day... If i eat out i eat about 1800 calories. I really can't wait until Contrave is out of my system. I also participate on the scale down program.
  • paulabsc
    paulabsc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just started Contrave on 11/2/2015. I am hoping it helps with my binge eating. Lets cross our fingers.
  • O2BNWA
    O2BNWA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am taking both meds seperately that combined make contrave bc i do have Depression and compulsive overeating- the only down side is when my dose was high it completely took the joy out of food- i could eat 500 calories of Tofu or 500 calories of Nachos and feel the same about the experience. So for me I had to lower it, I like to cook and go to restaurants and for me that is a joy, i have 20 pounds left and this with diet and exercise 6x a week has helped greatly!
  • nicholelks1988
    nicholelks1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this thread...going to the doctor November 19th and planned on asking about Contrave. Im on Wellbutrin right now but was wanting some weight loss assistance. I have been focusing on eating clean but I havent been exercising regularly. Normally I exercise and try to eat right but I end up spreading myself too thin, so I have decided to focus on correcting my eating habits and exercising mildly. I have lost four pounds the last couple of weeks just doing that, but I need to lose a lot of weight. I am 5'6 and weigh 212lbs now. My biggest point was 216 and that was just a few weeks ago. I know that I can keep the weight off once I start losing it, I just need the motivation and to get rid of my sugar addiction. If yall could keep updating your progress that would be wonderful!
  • LisaLittle05
    LisaLittle05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm kinda new here but I was wondering how Contrave worked for you. I am going to the dr tomorrow and requesting this med. I have pcos and it feels like I've been spinning my wheels for 2 years now and can't seem to get out of this depression and wanting to eat all the time. I have no energy whatsoever and just need some kind of a boost to help me out of this. I'm 5'9 195lbs.
  • mikey575
    mikey575 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mdarlingaz wrote: »
    Yup! I love it and have been on contrave since November. I lost 15% of my body weight using that + diet and exercise. Good luck!

• mishi6111
    mishi6111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I just started Contrave on January 2nd. I have not really had much of an issue with side effects yet although I am only taking 1 pill in the am at this point. I will say that my mood has improved drastically with this medication and I am more motivated to get my workouts in. I also am not snacking like I used to and my portions have decreased. We will see how week 2 goes but I am committed to complete the full ramp up before I really make a decision on this med. However so far I am happy.