Would like to see full length before and afters.

Options
Hi

As the topic suggests, I am interested in seeing full length before and afters. My favourite threads are the ones with progress photos and I like to see how well people are doing and how the weight comes off of people differently, but the majority of the pictures are of the torso area. The reason I am interested in full length pictures is because I really do not like my legs, even after 50lbs weight loss they are still chunky and not in proportion with the rest of my body. I have about 32lbs to go until I reach my goal weight and am hopeful that my legs will finally slim down. I would like to see other people progress pictures including legs so I can see how their legs have changed.

Replies

• SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bump...anyone?
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here is a picture of my Before/After. About 4 years ago I stepped on the scale and saw 196 pounds (On a 5'1'' frame). It was a major eye opener. I had tried (before that moment) to lose weight but I was never committed to it (I was also a teenager who didn't really care about dedicating myself to a lifestyle change). That moment when I saw that I was a few McDonald's Big Macs away from 200 pounds made me realize something desperately needed to change. What helped me stay motivated at first was the fact that I was rejected by a crush and I wanted to shock him (and all the other guys for that matter lol) after summer break was over by how good I looked after losing some weight. Well after the 3 month break, I lost a decent amount of weight and felt SO good that I realized I wanted to continue feeling this way for MYSELF. So my resolve changed into doing it for me, no one else. I continued to lose a total of 76 pounds (give or take a few) total and have kept it off (for the most part) for 4 years.

About 2 years ago I met my now Husband and within the 1 year I have gained about 15 pounds from major life style changes and have been maintaining at that 15+ weight since. I am back on MFP just to lose those 15 (now 10!!!!) annoying pounds.

This picture is from about a year ago but in it I am the same weight/measurements that I am now, so it still represents my accomplishment (in my opinion anyways lol).

88b65cbd997f92f9cf85b5c62963141c7cbf.jpg
  • StormieL
    StormieL Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've lost about 100 since September 2014. These are befores (both post having babies) and an after taken a couple months ago.

I totally understand what you mean about your legs. I keep hoping it will come off of my thighs and calves. I do a lot of circuit training (Jillian Michaels) and just kind of hope that eventually there won't be anywhere else for the fat to burn and that I'm at least building some muscle under there.

mp0iic5f8lez.jpg
  • StormieL
    Options
    I also didn't realise that was going to come out so massive....
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    @StormieL wow, 100lb loss is incredible! You're looking wonderful, well done!
    And thanks to @amrelmesery and @KatEmmaMarie for the pics. @KatEmmaMarie the legs in your after pic are gorgeous! I'm jealous!!!
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have lost 108 lbs so far ( I started 6 Jan 2015 so been doing this a year ) I still have more to lose
    93q81116yhzy.png
  • StormieL
    Options
    thanks. Oh I also do like 200 squats a day. Every time I go to the bathroom I do 40. 10 Sumo/Ballet, 10 Sumo/Ballet pulses, 10 regular and 10 chair. I'm hoping that will help too...eventually ;-) Don't get discouraged though you're doing really well.
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    Hi

As the topic suggests, I am interested in seeing full length before and afters. My favourite threads are the ones with progress photos and I like to see how well people are doing and how the weight comes off of people differently, but the majority of the pictures are of the torso area. The reason I am interested in full length pictures is because I really do not like my legs, even after 50lbs weight loss they are still chunky and not in proportion with the rest of my body. I have about 32lbs to go until I reach my goal weight and am hopeful that my legs will finally slim down. I would like to see other people progress pictures including legs so I can see how their legs have changed.

I also have the tree stump type legs. My legs will always be a bit larger then the rest of me but learning to embrace them is the way to go. I have also found that good heavy lifting like squats and deadlifts is really changing their shape. I practically have ankles now!!!! I don't have any pics at yet, but I will be taking updated progress photos in a couple weeks.
  • corbinskiii
    corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    q7jzyqpsacwj.jpeg

2 years, 163.3 pounds lost
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @faeriesue1 thanks so much! I contribute them to running and squats/calf lifts. I'm still not 100% happy with my legs, I definitely have a lot of excess fat still on my thighs, but hopefully by getting back into running they'll slim down some.

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    This site is good. You can filter by height, weight, gender and it also has a link to see what they did to lose their weight.

http://whatwillilooklike.com/
  • serenitymcc
    serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone! Here's mine as of last night:
    FB_IMG_1452139741080_zpstxxfhvzi.jpg
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This is my original weight loss....
    73k2qzgnzg8w.jpg

Then I got lazy. Started heavy lifting, these are my results after 60 days.
    6ki3gqpq4dpf.jpg
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    242 to 160. I have about 20 pounds to go.

csvetqj8rvtm.jpeg
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone! Here's mine as of last night:
    FB_IMG_1452139741080_zpstxxfhvzi.jpg

You forgot something.......
    90lbs and 20 years gone!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    katedevall wrote: »
    This is my original weight loss....
    73k2qzgnzg8w.jpg

Then I got lazy. Started heavy lifting, these are my results after 60 days.
    6ki3gqpq4dpf.jpg

Amazing! What program do you follow for lifting?
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    Wow every one is doing so well, @StormieL I love squats and noticed a huge difference in my backside after doing the 30 day challenge. I've just started doing them daily again as I really enjoy them, think I'll start doing weighted ones rather than body weight.
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    @serenitymcc you look amazing! What was your before weight if you don't mind me asking?
  • chanelle_cartier
    chanelle_cartier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In 6 months I've dropped 2 stone! :D not to mention my eating habits have changed I feel so much more confident. It's been so much easier than I thought I've cut out fizzy drinks eat what ever I fancy just cut down the portions and I'm a regular at the gym when I can't make it I do stupid things around the house usually using my one year old as a weight :blush:6k8sal6pgdyc.jpeg
    co23znv0ns1w.jpeg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!