What's the best meal to have for dinner?

Options
Beautiful_777
Beautiful_777 Posts: 429 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I need ideas?

Replies

• stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just friend request him?
  • Beautiful_777
    Options
    I'm new how do you do that lol
  • Beautiful_777
    Options
    Figured it out!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like and fit in your calories.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Let's start with the basics. What are your food needs (just trying to be healthy, calorie limited, low sodium, low fat, vegetarian, etc)? What do you like to eat? What foods don't you like?

Other questions....Will you be cooking? Are you a beginner cook or experienced? How much time do you want to spend on making dinner?

For me, weeknights are super busy, but I enjoy cooking (and I'm pretty good at it these days, if I do say so myself). I am not on any specific diet other than trying to eat healthy and lose weight, so I eat a lot of different stuff, with an eye on calories and fat intake. I cook out of Cooking Light a lot. I particularly like their Dinner Tonight and Super Fast sections.

If it helps at all, I plan on making this for dinner tonight. To be served with polenta and steamed spinach.
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/flattened-chicken-almond-paprika-vinaigrette
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like to limit my carbs to breakfast and lunch, so I'm not sleeping and digesting carbs when my metabolism is on its daily lull. Try balsamic chicken?

Chicken breast tenderloins, about 12.
    12-16 oz frozen green beans
    1 container cherry tomatoes, halved
    1 pint mushrooms, sliced

Cook mushrooms in s skillet (spray with cooking spray), then toss in beans. When mostly cooked, move to a bowl. Use the skillet to cook tenderloins, then add back in the beans/mushrooms. Add 1/2 cup lite or fat free balsamic vinegar salad dressing, and the tomatoes, toss everything until the sauce reduces a little. You may want to add a little more depending on your taste.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    There is no best meal for dinner. There are millions of dinners that would fit into a healthful diet and contribute a lot to it, and what you like is going to matter, of course. Also, I think focusing on the best meal or the best vegetable or some such ignores the fact that variety is beneficial -- for example, eating many different vegetables will result in getting in more of the micros you need than just eating a small number.

All that aside, my usual approach to dinner is some kind of protein, a lot of vegetables, and some kind of grain or starch or maybe fruit instead. I combine them depending on what they are and what I'm in the mood for. Maybe just all separate, maybe as a pasta with lean meat and veg, maybe as a stirfry or stew, it just depends.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Breakfast!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Breakfast!

This is the best answer.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I get the impression this thread has been edited from another subject

And now I'm wondering who the OP fancied?