Anyone notice if they're not working they gain lbs?

Kimblesnbits
Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I noticed when i was working a full time job it was super easy for me to maintain my weight or even lose lbs. But when i lost my job, i gained! Now I'm working part time and trying to get back to the right eating habits i did before. I was wondering if anyone else has been on the same boat as i am!

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    I was actually gaining weight working full time. Weird. I'm off for the summertime and now I have time set out where I can exercise whenever I want.
  • MommyLumpkin
    MommyLumpkin Posts: 129
    Definately! When I was pregnant with my son (he's 3 1/2 now) I had to go on bedrest and boy did I gain. Then I didn't work for almost a year after he was born and it just kept on coming. I started doing in-home parties and having to haul all those totes full of product up and down stairs and in and out of houses really helped. Then I got pregnant with my daughter (1 year, 3 months now) and my hubby didn't want me to work since I had complications with my first. Needless to say, I gained AGAIN. I still don't work, unless you count taking care of my two kids *which I do!*, but I've just had to force myself to get to the gym and lose the weight. It's more about them now. You'd think with the extra time to spare it would be easier, but I think not having a set schedule and a little depression from the lack of contribution kind of "feeds the beast" as it were.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    i have the opposite effect. i work part-time, 3 days a week and find it harder to stay on track on days that i work. when im home i can go to the gym or workout at home whenever i want and have more options for healthy food where as when i work i have to pack something...but, everyone is different.
  • PandaFAmBAm
    PandaFAmBAm Posts: 111
    I was actually gaining weight working full time. Weird. I'm off for the summertime and now I have time set out where I can exercise whenever I want.

I have the opp issue like she does. My work I sit all day. I get up maybe a handfull of times to run things around but most of the time I SIT. There is ALWAYS someone bringing something Sweet in for everyone to share. I work at a University so the food area is NOT healthy and if it is it is WAY over priced. When I was a SAHM I was running around chasing my child and going on playdates. I have gained like 10lbs from working LOL
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Actually when I was working I was always around the temptations of fast food and other co-workers bringing in dishes for pot lucks. Being at home makes it easier to stay around the healthy foods bc thats mostly what I buy from the store. There are a few occasions I have a treat :flowerforyou:
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Been there, done that and now I'm back to work too and losing my "home all the time by the refrigerator" weight, actually it's gone now but I still need to get into better shape too. Good luck and stick with it.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    oh yes!!! in my younger days I was working and doing fine... had kids and became a sahm and blew up lol. Im still a sahm but I changed a lot of things.. eating better and working out everyday. I guess it depends on how you spend your time, but ya I can see how not having a job you can gain weight. Also my hubby got laid off for a few months and boy did he gain some pounds lol... he was like eh when I start working again it'll come off :laugh: which it is.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    It was somewhat the other way around for me... I got laid off last August from my job and they called me back in January and offered me another (lesser) position... but during the months that I was away from a job, I lost weight! Its only since I came back here and sit all day on my fat backside, that I have put back on a lot of pounds!!
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    LOL...I'm actually the opposite. I work in a bar and if I get busy and don't have time to eat my scheduled meals, I end up eating something bad for me cuz it's right in my face. And we cater a lot of private parties so there is always really good food left over and it is SOOOO hard to say no. I eat better on my off days...haha. But I totally hear where you are coming from :(
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Yeah I guess it's just the fact that i'm not at home near the fridge or cabinets to just look thru when im bored! It helps that i bring my own food and no one ever brings any "treats" lol. I also notice i get too lazy to leave and get fast food so im hoping these lbs will drop now that im back to work a couple times a week!
  • jcl1981
    jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
    i have noticed that when i work i have more consistent weight loss and on my days off it slows down. It is curious to me but i do walk all day at my job and dont do much sitting.
This discussion has been closed.