Time of the month motivation

Options
So ladies... Does anyone else experience a complete lack of motivation to work out urging the week of your period? And if so how do you combat that? I feel in one week I undo my entire month because I have zero self control over my cravings and on top of that I completely lack the energy to work out at all. And that inactive week makes it even harder to pick the following week.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have one binge every TOM. I've been tracking my hunger and it's something I noticed lately. This month I'm going to be prepared for it by having some lower calorie foods around. I'm going to let it happen.

Nothing stops me from working out. Especially not cramps or a tampon.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'll switch to lighter workouts that week. Weight lifting and yoga I have no problems with, but I slow down on cardio.

My workouts aren't much different than my attitude towards my job. I have to do it no matter what, even during TOM.
  • EbonyGlitter
    EbonyGlitter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The first three days of my period are living hell :s
    Lately I've incorporated red raspberry leaf for pain control - it takes the edge off the worst of it and shortens/lightens the entire process. I don't even need as much pain medication as I used to. I try to stay as hydrated as possible. I get super sluggish so I'll use an energy supplement from time to time. I'm not sure what I'll do about my appetite next cycle....usually I'm voracious and Will move mountains to get a piece of chocolate. But my cravings for that kind of food has gone down since I started exercising again, so who knows.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I've found that doing a lighter workout helps with my cramps. I'm also someone who is in pretty bad pain the first two days, but walking, yoga, nice bike ride do help some of that.
    I also snack a few days before so plan this month to have better snacks available knowing I'll want more than I usually eat.
  • jaimemeredith
    jaimemeredith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ugh, men are lucky that they don't have to deal with this! I usually stay motivated with working out because it ends up making me feel better, but my cravings are through the ROOF. this week I'm pmsing and I snacked way more than usual.

anyone have any advice for good snacks to have around to satisfy my crazy cravings?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I always get lifting PRs during my tom.
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Mine is not so much the lack of working out, but the lack of control of what I eat. I always want chocolate, salty foods, and greasy foods. This month I am going to maybe indulge one of those each day ( at a moderate level)to spread it out vs, eating all of them every day to help satisfy my cravings. If I go cold turkey, I feel like I will have a major binge.
  • LynGrahamKemp
    LynGrahamKemp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Working out is fine for me, it's my "eating everything in front of my face" that's the problem. I crave wine, sweets, salty foods plus everything I usually eat. I need to have control over my eating and cravings during that time so I don't eat more than I workout