Great meals at Skinnytaste

Options
I've been on MFP for about a month now with great success. Down over 5 lbs in my first month. I have found awesome recipes at skinnytaste.com or the skinnytaste cookbook that are already loaded into MFP. Makes meal planning and logging so much easier!!

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been using her recipes for over a year now.
  • beckyhauser
    beckyhauser Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are right.. I bet all the MFP veterans know this. I'll post in the getting started forum. Half the battle is finding low calorie, good food to eat.
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Korean Grilled Chicken. So much flavor and delish.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Her recipes are lifesavers! Made the turkey stuffed peppers tonight and we're having the baked chicken Parmesan tomorrow :).
    Honestly, I haven't had anything of hers that I didn't like!
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    made the spaghetti squash lasagna boats last night - so very good! and now I've got dinners portioned out for the rest of the work week!
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love the Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili. Throw it in the slow cooker and have a nice meal waiting when I get home from work. She has great recipes.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    ****Please pardon my rant***I really hate the name. The author appears to be a very skinny, but not unhealthy, women who never appears to have had a weight issue. ***ranting over****

That being said, I have like almost everything we have made. My favorites are the pork carnitas, chicken enchiladas, and the sauteed brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts are now my favorite veggie.

• beckyhauser
    Options
    Ha!
    All good to know. Thanks for listing your favorites!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    lucys1225 wrote: »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    megpie41 wrote: »
    I love the Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili. Throw it in the slow cooker and have a nice meal waiting when I get home from work. She has great recipes.

Yum! I'll try that one soon!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    lucys1225 wrote: »

Thanks for sharing!!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    megpie41 wrote: »

Awesome! Thanks!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    heidikat72 wrote: »
    made the spaghetti squash lasagna boats last night - so very good! and now I've got dinners portioned out for the rest of the work week!

Great thinking! So helpful to plan ahead!!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    Yeah, I've been using her recipes for over a year now.

Good to know you don't get sick of them :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I love the website (although I have to agree that I don't like the name). My favorites have been her spinach and quinoa cakes, the chicken fajita pasta, picadillo beef and the oatmeal lace cookies, although I can't say that I have had a bad dish from her recipes. However, I do not usually use the "light" dairy products and I think her portion sizes can be a bit ridiculous, simply for the sake of keeping the calorie count down. I usually log the recipes into the builder myself with the appropriate portion size for me. My calorie counts are usually a lot higher, but still under 500 calories per meal.
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love her recipes! They're pretty simple too
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    ****Please pardon my rant***I really hate the name. The author appears to be a very skinny, but not unhealthy, women who never appears to have had a weight issue. ***ranting over****

That being said, I have like almost everything we have made. My favorites are the pork carnitas, chicken enchiladas, and the sauteed brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts are now my favorite veggie.

So you need to have a weight issue to develop healthy calorie counted recipes that people with weight problems use to not have weight problems any more? Rightyo
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »

Maybe her recipes and the foods that she eats is how she stays thin and healthy. I think however that I remember reading that her recipes/blog came about because of her usage of WW...concern over her weight and health and that of her family. Afterall...she is constantly cooking and tasting food...she is doing something right.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Quinoa Enchilada Bake.

But I only make it when hubby is TDY. Because it's a royal pain in the *kitten* to make and then he eats half the pan in one sitting.