Any girls who only needed to lose around 25lb?

Options
2»

Replies

• jasmin1310
    jasmin1310 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started at 140 and am now 134 (I want to be 120, but may settle for 125), this all came off in one month since joining MFP, but now i'm worried its going to slow down as I haven't seen any changes on the scale this last week even though I'm excercising more now.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    hi... I think I'm way too advanced in age to call myself a girl.. lol.. but yeah I started here about 3 weeks ago and I was 150.. now I'm at 145.5 and because of my height (5'1") I should be at 120 - 125...

I am hearing lots of stories about people with less to lose finding it harder to lose it and its scaring me.. but I'm going on the small success so far and will continue to do what I am doing to get to my goal.

Feel free to add me as well... What kind of exercise do you do?
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have to lose around 25ish. youre not the only one
  • skinnyrache
    skinnyrache Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm working to lose about 14 lbs, and it definitely seems to be slow going even though I've made significant changes to both my diet and exercise routine. Since I'm short, those 14 lbs will make a huge difference, so I'm trying to be patient and stick with this healthier lifestyle, and hopefully before long I'll see some good success :) Good luck to you!
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started a month ago at 149lbs and wanting to drop to 126. Despite all the horror stories about how hard it is to lose weight when you've got so little to lose Ive still managed to lose 5.5lbs (which my ticker has rounded up to 6 lol). I am prepared for it to become more difficult but for now I'm just happy that I'm losing at a steady rate =)
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's hard! I'm worried I won't hit my target I'm freaking out pretty bad :( I want to lose 20lb by August 31st !! It sucks its harder for us lol

I'm trying to lose about 22 lb by the same date and it's slowing down!! I think we are in the same boat! :(

edit: also, I'd love to join this group. Anyone can add me as a friend!
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We are pretty close, minus about 5" on the height. I'm 145 now and I want to get down to 125. I was 110 when I graduated high school (5 years ago) but looking back now, I was way too thin, even though I have a small frame. I'm shooting for 125 so I can maintain some nice curves but be healthy and fit. The bigger you are, the easier the weight loss at first. I know it is going to take a long time for me to reach my goal weight but I know that the longer it takes me to get rid of, the more likely it is to stay off. Just don't get discouraged and keep working at it. Add exercise and watch what you're putting in your body. Make it a life change, not a diet. It may take awhile to get there but it is healthier than doing any kind of extreme diet plan.
  • BlueDancer
    BlueDancer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Malliekelly,

I think that losing that much weight and being 5'8 and 120 is not a very healthy weight, unless you have a small frame.

Amanda

First, I just wanted to say that it makes me happy to see members here looking out for the well-being of others. :)

However, that said, I am in a similiar predicament as "Malliekelly". I am currently 5'7 and weigh 138. My goal weight is 118. I was at this weight for a few years, and although it takes a lot of discipline for me to maintain, I have been told by 2 doctors as well as different health websites/calculators, that I am healthiest at this weight. 118 puts me at a BMI of 18.5, which is of course, on the cusp of underweight, but it is the weight I have to be in order to have a healthy waist size. BMI doesn't take waist size into consideration. Supposedly, for my age I should have waist size 26-27 to be at optimal health, and to downplay related health risks which can emerge from excess central (or "visceral") fat.

Unlike "Malliekelly" though I have FAR from a small body frame. I have a very large upper body frame (as in my shoulders and ribs are very broadly placed), and then my lower body frame is medium (I actually have pretty small hips & legs). So, as an "apple shape", I am not entitled to eat as much/or weigh as much as the typical pear-shaped woman. It also means that I can get by on less exercise, as even if I sit on my butt all day I have NOT a single ounce of cellulite anywhere! So I never go to gyms anymore, but I live in NYC so I am walking at least a few miles a day and that is all the exercise I require for weight loss as an apple shape. The main thing for weight loss for apple shapes, is that we have to eat a lot less, general rule of thumb I follow is whatever the myfitnesspal suggest I do approx. 200 cals less. Keep in mind only a minority of women are apple shaped, so any sort of daily calorie values this website comes up with would be geared towards pear shaped women (the majority) I believe? So anyway, this means that instead of getting 1,200 calories a day I only get 1,000. So this is the plan I am following.

Will keep you ladies updated, as I lose weight. Good luck everyone, and try to stay as healthy as possible. Please understand, that I truly cannot eat as much or weight as much as all of you do without being (centrally) overweight. Bummer.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I started getting serious about getting back to where I was before my last pregnancy around 6 weeks ago. I lost a lot last year but got off track over the winter. In less than 2 mos, I'm down 20lbs (135) and feeling great...still have 13 to my goal of 122. It's coming off fast and kind of shocks me! Glad to see so many others with like goals!! My best advice is don't be afraid to increase your calories if you plateau!