Shakeology Alternatives for australian

Options
Hi I want to get shakeology but as Ive discovered its not availble here due to customs. Is there a shke that would help me thats maybe similar or has the same effects? ( and prefably cheap)

I am currently doing Insanity (which btw is amazing but hurts like heck) so a meal replacent or protein shake or reccomendations to stop soreness or just to be healthier suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and a multi-vitamin. Just as good and much cheaper. Plus, you don't support the MLM weasels.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Do you have slimfast out there?
  • SweetLittleLolita
    Options
    Proteine powder and multivitamin sounds lke a great idea thanks and yes we do but I have no idea if its any god or not whats your opinion on it?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and a multi-vitamin. Just as good and much cheaper. Plus, you don't support the MLM weasels.

This x1000
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Here in Australia we have real food. I am sure you can put together a pretty good post workout smoothie from the natural foods we have here in abundance.
    My suggestion includes banana, malt, milk, lecithin and ice cream. You can add an egg too if you want.

Really, powdered food is for wartime.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

This x1000

x another thousand or so

personally, I mix vanilla flavoured whey isolate with laban* and frozen fruit in a blender to make a frozen smoothie. Tastes like ice cream.

*Arabic dairy product that's not available in the west, it tastes like yoghurt though so if you use yoghurt in this recipe I'm sure it'll work just as well

I don't even have protein powder shakes every day, most days I get my protein from real food. But a) this tastes like ice cream but has much better macros and b) sometimes a protein powder smoothie really helps to get enough protein.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Here in Australia we have real food. I am sure you can put together a pretty good post workout smoothie from the natural foods we have here in abundance.
    My suggestion includes banana, malt, milk, lecithin and ice cream. You can add an egg too if you want.

Haha, too right!

Except for Milo. That is a food group all by itself.

Edit due to watching the Reds.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Haha, too right!

Except for Milo. That is a food group all by itself.

Edit due to watching the Reds.

Totally agree with the wartime food comment. Eat FOOD. What is wrong with chewing and enjoying food? Get a multi V if you really are worried. The shakes have tiny bits of all sort of stuff in it. You have no idea of what is powdered up and put in and in what quantities. Don't waste your money.
  • beccabit
    beccabit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just any protein powder and a multi will not have the same nutrients as Shakeology. If you are looking for something healthy, do your research. Don't settle. Most shakes have fillers and lots of sugar. Real food is better then a random meal replacement. And NO Slimfast. Its full of fillers and sugar as well.
  • MichelleS08
    MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Arbonne's protein! Vegan, gluten free, no chemicals. Full of vitamins, have a meal replacement as well as protein powder