Silly Question

Options
RachM
RachM Posts: 113 Member
Lately I've been playing some wii fit, and over the course of the 2 weeks Ive been playing, the "scale" has been saying I've been losing weight, however my bathroom scale (I admit is low on batteries) has been staying the same or fluctuating between the same 3 pounds. I am playing wii on a hard wood floor, and was just wondering which one would be more accurate as they are about 4 pounds different. Not the biggest deal in the world as I am more concerned about the inches dropped and how I feel rather than the number, but I am curious if anyone else has had this problem, or what others think! thanks!

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Low batteries does make a difference. Also what kind of floor is your bathroom scale on?

I've had some really crappy bathroom scales that would tell me I weigh different amounts just depending on where I placed it in the bathroom, the tilt of the floor, or how I stood on it.

But then again I don't know how accurate a Wii Fit board is either.
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    My Wii fit ballance board consistently runs 3 pounds less than my bathroom scale. Like you, I am not so much interested in the number on the scale. I use the ballance board cause it is lower and makes me feel better (let's be honest). Thing is, as long as you use the same scale, you can still track total weight lost. If my Wii Fit Ballance Board (WFBB) says I was 199 last week and the bathroom scale says I was 203 last week......and now the WFBB says 196 and the bathroom scale says 200.....either way I have lost 3 pounds.

Make sense?
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I weigh in my laundry room, which has a linoleum floor....it is the exact wt. as my dr's scale....just do not weigh on a carpeted floor....
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Low batteries does make a difference. Also what kind of floor is your bathroom scale on?

I've had some really crappy bathroom scales that would tell me I weigh different amounts just depending on where I placed it in the bathroom, the tilt of the floor, or how I stood on it.

But then again I don't know how accurate a Wii Fit board is either.

I thought I was alone here. My scale is bipolar or something.
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Make sure your bathroom scale is on a level floor. I can't weigh in my bathroom because the tiles are textured. I've been weighing in the hallway, but had it carpeted yesterday so the only place left is the kitchen. Hmm.....maybe I'll keep that scale next to the fridge as a reminder everytime I open the refridgerator door!
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ah, my bathroo and kitchen have the same floor, which is textured tile. Maybe I will try to weigh myselt on my livingroom hardwood floor, and change the batteries! Thanks for the responses, good to know it isnt just me! :)