Busy Life

Options
shans34
shans34 Posts: 535 Member
Hello, whats everyone's favourite on the go snacks? I am a full time university student and full time mom of 4 plus part time content writer... so go go go is my life. I find I nibble as my day goes on and thats getting me nowhere.

Replies

• PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like fruit. It travels well and generally comes in its own container. :smiley: I tend to have a banana mid-morning, and then something else, like an orange or apple (or whatever happens to be in season) mid-afternoon.

I am also a fan of the 100 calorie packs of nuts. It's a good little pick me up, and pre-portioned so I don't go overboard. Emerald cocoa roasted almonds are great for a chocolate fix.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Batch cook
    Use Tupperware and freezer
  • DropofHoney
    DropofHoney Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruit, nuts.. :smiley: all pack well..
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with some type of fruit and a protein shake.
  • lisaloses36
    lisaloses36 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also always on the go and finally started prepping and packing my food each night for the next day. This has helped me tremendously. I no longer snack on unhealthy things or binge because I wait until I'm starving before I eat. I set my alarm on my phone to remind me to eat every 2 hours and I just grab something out of the lunchbox that I take with me EVERYWHERE.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I take time on Sunday night to portion out berries, baby carrots, etc. into individual ziplock bags so I can just grab them on my way out the door. It has helped me a lot and only takes about 30 minutes to weigh and portion to determine calories. I also write the number of calories on the ziplock so I can log it quickly.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    These are great options, thank you guys.