Second time around...

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been on here before and after an accident and a long recovery, I am looking to get back to where I was. I am looking to lose about 20-30 lbs and gain muscle. Any advice and tips would be appreciated! Feel free to add :)

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me. I am down 86 pounds using this app. :)
  • GettinFit4my3
    GettinFit4my3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too. Today is my first day on here and my 3rd day no pop. I have a lot to lose. I just need motivation.
  • moniahamam
    moniahamam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I add all of you? ^_^
  • simon0000
    simon0000 Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck! Feel free to add if you like.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here are some tips to help you get started (yes, I copy/paste... it's good advice!):
      - Buy a food scale and use it religiously! You need to know exactly how much you're putting in your body. If you "guesstimate" you will be wrong 100% of the time. - Log everything you eat. Don't get in the mindset that you can only log sometimes. You need to have a history of what you eat to help you know what your triggers may be, know what you are lacking, etc. - Don't change everything all at once or you will just burn yourself out quickly. Make small changes and continue to add to it and a few weeks or months later you will be living the lifestyle you want. - Don't give up just because you go over. Make up for it during the week or just take it as a lesson and move on. Bumps in the road will happen, this is not a straight line - You are accountable for you. Everyone here can push you, but if you aren't honest with yourself, it won't matter what anyone else does. - PERSONALLY: Calories In vs Calories Out (CICO) is the way to lose weight. Anyone who says you HAVE to eat clean, low carb, keto, etc. are fooling you. While they may lose weight faster, it is not something you can normally stick with. Science has proven that CICO is how you lose or gain weight. So eat that pizza, eat that burger, don't force yourself to have salad every single day. Eat the way you want to live your life, just learn to do it in moderation. - For gaining muscle, make sure you are getting plenty of protein and you are utilizing resistance training. Free-weight are the best but any sort of resistance (body weight, bands, machines, etc.) will help.

Good luck to you and add me if you like (as well as anyone else).
  • bobshouse
    bobshouse Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First day back too! The more the merrier!
  • catthewildone
    catthewildone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just getting back into this too after a rough year! Best of luck! Feel free to add :-) just stay determined and don't get discouraged!
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm back as well for the 100th time. Feel free to add me!
  • mingle287
    mingle287 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lost 15lbs already