100 lbs to lose - looking for supportive friends!

Options

Replies

• daveharris54
    daveharris54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am planning to lose almost 100lbs and could use some support. I am at that age in life that the experts say it is harder to lose. I hope to prove them wrong. Feel free to add me.
  • moonnstarstx
    moonnstarstx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey
    feel free to add me. I started my weigh loss journey in April 2015 at 299.8 lbs and as of today I weigh 249.0 lbs. My final goal weight is 150 lbs so I still have a long way to go.
  • kaitlynmix
    kaitlynmix Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I need to lose 100+ lbs also. Anyone looking for motivation and friendship, please send me a friend request. Thank you!
  • bibif
    bibif Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm the same weight as you after losing about 40lbs in the last 3 months. Still a long way to go so happy to get involved in the conversation.
  • Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I also need to lose145 lbs. feel free to ad me ad a friend we all need support and encouragement.
  • lmeldrum
    lmeldrum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I would love supportive friends as well. I have around 150+lbs to loose. :) I am excited to finally take control over my health.
  • patty_mayer
    patty_mayer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have managed to lose just over 100 lbs. so I know you can do it too!! Break it down into small steps...5 or 10 lbs. at a time. When you reach that goal, then set another. It's way less daunting that way! You ALL can do this!

And to add someone as a friend, just click on their image. You'll get a screen asking if you want to send a message. Click on their image again in the upper left corner and you'll get the option to add as a friend/send a message.
  • GettinFit4my3
    GettinFit4my3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me. I have 100lbs to loose. I start out all excited and on track then I lose motivation. Hope to stay motivated.
  • cleverlycutemuffin
    Options
    I have well over 100 pounds to lose. Down to 401 from 414-ish. i've got a long way to go. Stay strong everyone!!
  • takethatTM
    takethatTM Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 80 and I'm also doing Whole30 (and I use a fitbit). I really struggle with exercise in the winter as I live in Alberta and it's bloody cold out. I lost 45 lbs last year with a combo of Whole30 and then eating largely paleo. I'd love to have more buddies to cheer on.
  • amylikesbacon
    amylikesbacon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me also! I need to lose 100 plus pounds!!! We can do this!
  • reesiecups09
    reesiecups09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    same here! looking at lose 80-100 pounds. everyone feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get! lol
  • HollyFromTexas
    HollyFromTexas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley. When I started here I was at 297.8. I am currently 262. I would love to have more friends with common goals. Feel free to add me. If anyone else has similar goals or just needs more friends to help encourage and motivate them feel free to add me as well.
  • DropofHoney
    DropofHoney Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • DropofHoney
    DropofHoney Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ShashayLee wrote: »
    break it down into small 10 pound steps & celebrate your success at each successful mini goal. It feels so much better to know that you can make the mini goals. It's discouraging when you first start knowing that you have a lot to lose.
    When i started i had 100 to 120 to lose & currently after a bumpy December i'm down 64 pounds :)
    If you go off track, remember to forgive yourself & get back on, this is NOT a diet it is your lifestyle from here on. To be the best and healthiest that you can be

That's what I started doing.. I don't say I have 100 to lose I say I have 10.. And I'm almost at the 20 lb loss mark.. :) It's easier for me to envision these small goals then the whole picture.
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm Alexandra - 27.. I weight 185.. I started (for the second time) at 197. I'm at a 12lb loss, aiming for 20.. but would like to eventually lose 50ish. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have a few more friends with similar stats and goals! I'm currently 224, started out at 227, with a goal weight of around 130. So, 97 lbs to lose! I can't even imagine. (Would like to incorporate more strength training, though, so my goal weight will probably be higher.) I'm 5'3, so everything definitely shows on me. A few years ago, I got down to 165 for a short while, then life and job stress took its toll and I've been taking too many shortcuts with meals and activity.

I love the idea of mini goals, and I'm trying to think of non-food rewards for when I reach each goal. My aim is to reach my goal by my 30th birthday (May 23, 2017), so my mantra right now is "130 by thirty!"
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    One tip that I've found really useful in the past is to figure out when upcoming events are happening and then try to visualize how far you'll be along in your journey, by then. I made myself my own chart to help me with that. The dates and the progress seem so far away, but when you tell yourself, "Wow, if I keep this up, I can really make that much progress by then?" it really helps.

Also, every ten pounds I'm down, I like to add some weight to a shopping bag and carry that around the house. It may seem like nothing intellectually, but when you carry that around again, you'll really feel it!
  • Working2BThin
    Working2BThin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've got a 100+ lbs to lose and would also love friends who can relate. Please feel free to add me. I'm getting the eating under control but am trying to focus on more exercise, because it actually makes me feel good (instead of focusing on what I have to give up).