5'1" and 33 pounds down..and counting (before and after photo)

Options
2»

Replies

• flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats.
  • TiredMom12
    TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job. That is exactly my situation and really going to work this year to reach my goal. Do you mind me asking what you set your calorie limit to??
  • Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job you your story will inspire others.and you truly are beautiful.
  • helen8297
    helen8297 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow- you look so great!! I'm pretty similar weight and height to your start (5ft2 and 147lbs) I was 136lbs but broke my ankle in June but unlike you, my weight increased!! You're my newest fave success story! Will add you as a friend- hope that's ok!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
  • jaimemeredith
    jaimemeredith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bumblepop wrote: »
    Wow- you look so great!! I'm pretty similar weight and height to your start (5ft2 and 147lbs) I was 136lbs but broke my ankle in June but unlike you, my weight increased!! You're my newest fave success story! Will add you as a friend- hope that's ok!

sorry just read this but I'm sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope you're healing up ok! I'm glad you added me as a friend and I'm honored to be able to inspire you :) keep up with it!!

• christierenea
    christierenea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Your about my height In 5'2 and I'm trying to get to a good goal weight for my height which is hard for a smaller frame, not sure what that would be. I've lost 45 pounds so far. Good luck with everything.
  • jaimemeredith
    Options
    You look amazing! Your about my height In 5'2 and I'm trying to get to a good goal weight for my height which is hard for a smaller frame, not sure what that would be. I've lost 45 pounds so far. Good luck with everything.
    thank you but 45 pounds is even more impressive! I googled it to get an idea of a healthy weight range based on my height. I know I'm considered a healthy weight but want to lose some more while staying in that range.
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well this is great timing to see your post! I just started my weight loss journey, I'm 5' 2" and have 20 lbs to lose.

Thanks for a great post and realistic objectives. I really appreciate it!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
  • jaimemeredith
    Options
    Imomw2016 wrote: »
    Well this is great timing to see your post! I just started my weight loss journey, I'm 5' 2" and have 20 lbs to lose.

Thanks for a great post and realistic objectives. I really appreciate it!

you're so welcome! I wish you the best of luck (but luck isn't what you'll need, just willpower haha). if I can do it I'm sure you can too.

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Last March, after breaking up with my boyfriend, starting a new job and moving back to my hometown, I decided to get back in shape. Despite breaking my foot in mid August, leaving me unable to do much cardio activity for a few months, I managed to lose 33 pounds by logging everything in MFP and working out regularly. I'm currently working out 3-5 times a week, and sometimes take breaks logging on the weekends, but try to remain consistent. I'm down to 125 now and still want to lose 10 more pounds but I'm really happy with my progress so far.

8932dxygjq7n.jpg

Your story is similar to mine, I have lost 50lbs so far since I broke up with my ex and moved back to my home town. What have you been doing as exercise since you cant do cardio..weightlifting? im jealous you have a thigh gap haha
  • jaimemeredith
    Options
    Last March, after breaking up with my boyfriend, starting a new job and moving back to my hometown, I decided to get back in shape. Despite breaking my foot in mid August, leaving me unable to do much cardio activity for a few months, I managed to lose 33 pounds by logging everything in MFP and working out regularly. I'm currently working out 3-5 times a week, and sometimes take breaks logging on the weekends, but try to remain consistent. I'm down to 125 now and still want to lose 10 more pounds but I'm really happy with my progress so far.

8932dxygjq7n.jpg

Your story is similar to mine, I have lost 50lbs so far since I broke up with my ex and moved back to my home town. What have you been doing as exercise since you cant do cardio..weightlifting? im jealous you have a thigh gap haha

Great job! That's even more amazing than my story.

Well I'm back to just about everything except running now, but when it was really bad, I just did a lot of upper body strength work. I would do different workouts with 5 pound weights while sitting on my bed lol. Every minute I would switch to something else, and every other minute I'd do punches with the weights which would help get my heart rate up. I slowly was able to use a stationary bike at the gym, and I'd follow that up with upper body workouts, but that wasn't until I got out of the walking boot. Now that I'm at a gym with a pool, I wish I had joined when I couldn't do any other cardio because swimming would've been perfect. I actually broke it 3 days before I went to Punta Cana for vacation, so I luckily was able to swim on the trip.

Not sure how I managed that thigh gap. It only is visible if I stand up with perfect posture but I love that I have it, lol
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation !
    You look perfect, forget the 10 more lbs, just do weights ?
  • ariel0318
    ariel0318 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • BethNeiland
    BethNeiland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! I am the same height and weight as you. Trying to lose 10lbs.I would love if you share if you find the last 10 harder and any food habits you have learned
  • jaimemeredith
    Options
    Wow great job! I am the same height and weight as you. Trying to lose 10lbs.I would love if you share if you find the last 10 harder and any food habits you have learned

I'm finding these last 10 pounds the hardest, especially as i step up my strength training and gain muscle. I'm trying to consistently stay under 1200 calories and avoid Late night snacking. otherwise I'm just trying to be wary about portion sizes. I don't want to do anything drastic because that won't work for me in the long run. what has brought me success so far is making small lifestyle changes over time.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You've done so well...be very proud of yourself :smile:
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am also 5' 1". Lost 12 so far with 5 or 10 to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!