Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It becomes easier.

Then it becomes harder.

Then easier.

Then nearly impossible.

Then easier than it's ever been...

I think you get the point. Starting off is very difficult because it is such a drastic change to your body and your habits. Once it becomes a habit, it gets easier. But the life happens and temptation arises, plateaus, water weight, whatever... and you just want to give up. But if you keep pushing, eventually you will get where you want to be.

Just make gradual changes. Change one thing, let it sink in for a few days/weeks. Then change something else. Don't do it all at once and overwhelm yourself.

Then it gets tough again, because maintaining is where many people begin to fail.

It is a lifelong change. And you just gotta want it!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    For me, it becomes easier in that weighing and measuring becomes second nature. I don't have to think too hard about how much protein I need or how to get it, and logging food is habit
    Thinking up new recipes can be a chore but there's a recipe section on here and skinny taste.com is a go to for me
    The support on here really makes a difference too
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am 7 months in. Overall it has become easier. Still have challenging days or even weeks.

It is a shock at first finding out how many calories the food you like has.

Keep at it. Completely worth the pain. You are going to have days and/or meals that go over your goal. Just pick right back up the next time you eat. There's going to be days when logging is the last thing you want to do. Keep logging until it becomes second nature. It took me about 3 months to get to that point.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Oh and well done, completing day one is an achievement in itself
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It get's easier, there will always be challenges though. but the longer you stick with it the more it becomes your new normal
  • victorsparade
    victorsparade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It got easier for me when I started sleeping more and more regularly. I'm still really bad about my sleep schedule, but food tracking was nearly impossible when I was substituting food for a good night's sleep.

Take care of yourself!!!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Make sure your calorie goal isn't too aggressive. It's harder the lower and more restrictive you are. Go for sustainability.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It will become easier once you realize portion control, which you which naturally learn as you log your food! It is tough to realize you cannot dig in to a second serving sometimes, but think what is more important, the delicious taste now, or feeling and looking great later!!!

It will also be easier once you realize you can still have a treat and fit it under the calorie limit! You don't have to "give up" any food. You really don't!!!

• victorsparade
    victorsparade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Make sure your calorie goal isn't too aggressive. It's harder the lower and more restrictive you are. Go for sustainability.

Yesssssss. Oddly enough, when I was first trying to lose more weight per week, I put on pounds. Funny how our bodies crave sustainability over drastic measures. When I scaled it back, I saw better changes!
  • espinoza1986
    espinoza1986 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    It becomes easier.

Then it becomes harder.

Then easier.

Then nearly impossible.

I think you get the point. Starting off is very difficult because it is such a drastic change to your body and your habits. Once it becomes a habit, it gets easier. But the life happens and temptation arises, plateaus, water weight, whatever... and you just want to give up. But if you keep pushing, eventually you will get where you want to be.

Just make gradual changes. Change one thing, let it sink in for a few days/weeks. Then change something else. Don't do it all at once and overwhelm yourself.

Then it gets tough again, because maintaining is where many people begin to fail.

Thanks !!
  • espinoza1986
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    It becomes easier.

Then it becomes harder.

Then easier.

Then nearly impossible.

Thanks for the advise !
  • espinoza1986
    Options
    star1407 wrote: »
    For me, it becomes easier in that weighing and measuring becomes second nature. I don't have to think too hard about how much protein I need or how to get it, and logging food is habit
    Thinking up new recipes can be a chore but there's a recipe section on here and skinny taste.com is a go to for me
    The support on here really makes a difference too

Yes , this app , and what everyone says is so positive that makes me push more to my goal ! Glad I download this app lol :wink: