Ideas please!:)

Options
I bought tofu and quino to make for dinner, but I don't know what kind of dish to make, I don't want to just eat those two alone, I was thinking maybe a stir fry.. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Quinoia, maybe?? Use it like you'd use rice or bulgar wheat. It makes a great tabouleh salad, and can substitute for rice or pasta in most dishes.

If it's firm tofu, try this "crispy tofu" . I season my tofu pretty well-- lots of cayenne pepper and garlic powder: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-crispy-tofu-without-deepfrying-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-201265
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Stir-fry sounds good. Here are some other ideas off the top of my head:

Baked tofu and quinoa pilaf?

Tofu scramble with quinoa (I imagine this, for some reason, with Greek flavors)?

Tofu cacciatore on a bed of Italian-spiced quinoa?

Fried tofu with quinoa cornbread?

Quinoa salad with tofu "feta"?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Options
    I bought tofu and quino to make for dinner, but I don't know what kind of dish to make, I don't want to just eat those two alone, I was thinking maybe a stir fry.. Anyone have any ideas?

I'd stir-fry them with veggies & chicken in butter w/ garlic & soy sauce. :+1:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Check out some online Mexican Quinoa Casseroles or Bowls. They're all similar. Quinoa, black beans, salsa or tomatoes, cheese, black olives, green peppers, cumin, etc.
  • cponeill89
    cponeill89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tip for the tofu. Before dicing up, leave it under a chopping board with some weight on top to get some of the moisture out. Seems to give it a nicer texture when cooked.
  • StephanieShankaran
    StephanieShankaran Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! And I totally didn't realize my spelling error of quinoa!! Lol
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Quinoa burgers are delicious. Lots of recipes out there.