Trying this again.... 50+ pounds need to go!!

Options
I am needing to lose 50+ pounds. I don't quite get the motivation I am needing from home. It actually makes it harder. I am needing words of encouragement and pushing me. I know I want this and I know I can do it. I have never in my life weighed this much and it kills me!!! Literally! I am terrified that I will get diabetes. It highly runs in my family and I had GB before. I know it's a long process, but I will get there and hope some of you would like to join me on the journey and I can be just as much motivation and encouragement as you are to me! I have lots of questions about this. I have always been 100-120 pounds and in sports. Now I just am gross! I really have questions that I need answers to!! :( Please feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• MEat40forge
    MEat40forge Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It takes discipline.
  • MsNeely2018
    MsNeely2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Carol ...and trying to lose 50 pounds too. I will add you. We can motivate each other.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Add sent. Wish you the best of luck. Diabetes is big in my family but luckily I am not even pre-diabetic. But other than keep taking chances I am changing my life.
  • brittanyneuf
    brittanyneuf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50 more pounds as well! I'm on the journey with you girl.keep your chin up, we got this!
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I will add you too, I am trying to loose 40 - lost 91 lbs 2 1/2 years ago and 30 lbs gained back ARGHHHH so I am back and going to loose that and an extra 10 just for good measure!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started losing weight on here because of the motivation of great people! The more the merrier! Please add me, I will send a request.

You can do it!
  • cfforbes327
    cfforbes327 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 40 pounds, partly because diabetes runs in my family too. Will add you.
  • ChazMBlack
    ChazMBlack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Diabetes is in my family too. Its one of the reasons i'm on here. i have 94 pounds to lose.
  • mrg68
    mrg68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I will add you as well...I have lost up to 80 pounds, most on MFP, but got to laxed and too much has found its way back to me. So I am wanting to lose 50-60 lbs., too!! We can help each other!!!
  • satbaby1030
    satbaby1030 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a goal to lose 60 by the end of July. I am one who can easily put my mind to something and do it, but with losing weight it has been the complete opposite. I really want it, but still find myself repeating bad choices that have unfortunately become habits. This has been a vicious cycle for me the past 5 years. Please add me as well. I look forward to motivating you and hope that you can do the same for me! Good Luck!
  • srevans357
    srevans357 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration with weight gain. However, you're in luck!

You can lose the weight with the right mindset. I believe you can do it, but accept who you have become first and then make the decision to become the better version of yourself that you want to see. Although we are not the same person, I've noticed that I was able to stick to my weight loss goal by being okay with who I was at 286 pounds. Before that, I hated the weight and would always get frustrated when I didn't lose some or any fast enough. That mindset sent me into a circle jerk of dieting and frustration for years.

I still have 40 more pounds to go and I hope that we can do this together no matter how long it takes. Stay positive about who you want to become and you will get there :smiley:
  • missjones919
    missjones919 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello all! New to this but we all have a common goal I see. :) Hope all is well!
  • EricaLOrtega
    EricaLOrtega Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sent you a request. my goal is also to lose 50+lbs.
  • KateRMcCarrell
    KateRMcCarrell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kate and I lost 102lbs in 2015. I slacked off during the holidays but just got back to eating better and working out. I have about 45lbs to hit my personal goal weight.

It was a tough road but it's possible if you put your mind and heart to it! Good luck on your journey!! Feel free to add me!