Best low calorie sushi roll??

Options
Can anyone recommend some low calorie sushi?

Replies

• jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Stick to the veggie and fish based ones, rather than anything tempura or with cream cheese (like philly rolls,etc.)

Fond this with a quick google:http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/meal-ideas/6-best-low-calorie-sushi-rolls

Rice is more calorie dense than I realized when I first started paying attention, so if you can do just sashimi, that would probably be the lowest calorie!

• jackquelin3
    jackquelin3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think your best bet would be sashimi. It's basically the fish inside the roll, minus the rice, seaweed, and other vegetables. But it's also more expensive.

The local organic grocery stores where I live also have brown rice sushi rolls. Those are slightly better than the regular white rice ones.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Sauces are super popular in sushi places right now. So be careful with those. Nigiri is a good option if you want the rice, as well as traditional rolls that don't add avocado.

Good sashimi is heavenly.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    California or tootsie. It is a toss up.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wegmans (a grocery chain in my area) has spicy tuna rolls in brown rice for 230 calories. They are my staple lunch when I forget to bring something to the office.