Hello from Scotland

Options
rob314
rob314 Posts: 7 Member
Hello,

Im Rob, from Edinburgh. Ive been a member of the site for a while and started to try and lose weight again about 2 weeks ago. I have a lot to shift (around 10 stone) but im pretty determined and hopeful that I can reach my goal.

I set my calorie intake to 1500 per day (with as little fat as possible) and ensure I dont go under 1200 and have started playing badminton with some friends 3 times a week and have ordered a kettlebell as I hear they are good.

Any tips for staying motivated would be great and feel free to add me if you want.

Rob

Replies

• LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    Hi Rob,

Welcome to MFP...this is a great tool in helping you to stay motivated. Use the boards, add friends and stay connected with other for motivation and support!

~Monica
  • Dee1006
    Dee1006 Posts: 37
    Options
    You are going to love the kettlebell! I have been doing it for a few weeksand it is great.
  • notoriousgtt
    notoriousgtt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello from a fellow Edinburgh resident.

Cardio is your friend, a friend who hurts you and mistreats you, but still. Its the most effective way to shift weight, kettlebells are all well and good for toning muscle but you wanna be hitting cardio hard. Run, cycle, badminton is good too, plenty of high intensity stuff.

Are you a member of a gym? I find it good motivation to be in an environment with other people working hard rather than doing it at home where the PS3 and the biscuit tin provide horrible distractions.

I've sent you an add :)
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • Nickel1969
    Nickel1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome... the first few weeks are always the hardest... just take things slow and steady... :smile:

2689416.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    Hello. Fellow Scot here too (Glasgow) I think badminton is already a good way to stay motivated. Especially if you have someone depending on you showing up to play or not :) Good luck.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hi Rob! It sounds like you are on a good track. I've found this site to be a huge motivator for me. I think what helps me most on this site is reading what others are doing, their successes and trials. The support I get from the friends I've made on the MFP site has been wonderful!
    Best of luck :0)
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hiya Rob, welcome back and good luck!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love Edinburgh - was fortunate enough to be there for the Tattoo in 2003. It was AMAZING! I love the castle, and Holyrood Palace, and Arthur's Seat, and there's a potato restaraunt where you can customize your own...etc.

And I would kill to have been born speaking w/ a Scottish accent.

Now that I have established myself as a complete doofus, welcome again and best of luck to you. Hope you like it here!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I hope you succeed! I finally started my journey last November and have lost over 55 pounds so far. I still have over 60 to go but I know my friends here are willing ang able to help! Good Luck!