If.....

Options
Italiana_xx79
Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
If someone from the 1950's suddenly appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today?

I possess a device in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man...... I use it to watch videos of babies laughing and to argue with complete strangers...

Go...

Replies

• tzkully
    tzkully Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Drones
  • Italiana_xx79
    Options
    Drones, good one! :)
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    An Apple Watch

That will tell you the temperature outside, count your steps, wake you up, etc. etc.
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Why everyone is having kids out of wedlock.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Society has a whole.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Options
    Sirius
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Society has a whole.

Society has a lot of holes, most of which are dark & scary
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    The internet
    Color television
    Cell phones
  • ladybosie
    ladybosie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Equality and things that are (slowly) becoming more accepted (or at least understood/known), like gender identity. Just social politics. I mean, even stuff like tattoos being commonplace for sentimental or decorative purposes--back then, commies, criminals, and sailors had tats.

FYI: the kids outta wedlock thing? Teen pregnancy rates have gone down drastically since the 50s. We're actually at a low for that stuff which, ehem, might've been the reason FOR a lot of those weddings. Nowadays, we just have the radical notion that maybe that's not a good reason to get married.
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Common core math
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Common core math

Yes!!!!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The internet. Cause first I'd need to explain what a computer is (how all it started!)
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    ladybosie wrote: »
    FYI: the kids outta wedlock thing? Teen pregnancy rates have gone down drastically since the 50s. We're actually at a low for that stuff which, ehem, might've been the reason FOR a lot of those weddings. Nowadays, we just have the radical notion that maybe that's not a good reason to get married.

I was actually referring to adults. That said, whether adult or teenager, it has become commonplace to raise children as a single parent. Back then you either got married first or got knocked up and had to marry as a result.